“Comfortable Stay & Value for Money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel La Flor

Hotel La Flor
Ranked #3 of 21 Margao B&B and Inns
Raipur
“Comfortable Stay & Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

With recomendations from my friends, I along with my wife and child stayed in Hotel La Flor, Margao this Oct'12 for almost 6 days. It was our first visit to Goa. Our stay in this Hotel was quite comfortable. The delux AC room was large & clean. The room service was prompt & the food was too good. Initially we had planned to stay for 2 days & shift to another Hotel at Colva beach. But the comfort & the hospitality made us change our minds. The staff was very friendly & acomodating. I will be prefering Hotel La Flor again in my next visits to Goa.
Regards,
B.Dasgupta
Raipur (Chhattisgarh)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is one of best economical hotel in Margao. Staff is very courteous.Service is excellent.Veg food is not up to mark.This is good hotel for business and sales peoples who had limited budget.
In sinbgle word nice budget hotel, one should visit once.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed here recently. Must say its a excellent value for money stay. Hotel is situated in the heart of the city, so all places as market,eateries etc are easily accesible. They have restaurant downstairs, food is good and their portions are much bigger portions as compared to other eateries in the city.
Most important their staff is courteous always ready to help. Room service I must say very prompt, something all these 5 star beach resort which have come up in all inaccesible places in and around goa should learn.
Perhaps you may not get a penthouse suite with beach view here, but you will enjoy home away from home.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank anay321
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

I look the non-a/c room for INR 700. The room was clean and basic.

I think, the A/C room was about INR 1000/-

Room service was great.

Laundary is collected every morning at 8am. The laundary is delivered the same day by 10.30pm. The price is reasonable.

I think its better to carry a photo-copy of an id (passport copy, drivers license etc). The hotel keeps the photo copy.

Since I didn't have a photocopy, I was asked to keep my id at the reception, They took a photocopy and got it sent to my room within 15 minutes. They were quick. However I am a bit uncomfortable leaving my original id with the reception.

They have a restaurant. I never tried the restaurant.

The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from Margao market

The airport is about 30 minutes by road.

I think a great budget hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank TravellerExplorer13
Ranchi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

Booked this hotel after seeing its impressive reviews and website. I had to make an overnight stay in Madgaon, while returning from Mangalore to Delhi, and I had an early morning flight to catch from Dabolim airport, next day. This was my first stay on Goan soil, after travelling around most of India all my life. Although I had made the reservation in advance, and also confirmed the same telephonically, the front office guy had a lot of trouble placing me. While wasting time at the reception, I noticed that the hotel had a restaurant, which appeared to be patronized by locals. That was a good sign, and I immediately ordered dinner, including Goan delectables such as balichow. But whatever I was served did not inspire me :-( Maybe my jaded palate was used to spicier stuff, and authentic Goan cuisine was not that spicy. Dunno, really.

My non-AC single room was a tiny, shabby affair, and the bathroom was even tinier. Both were very very uninspiring, at complete variance with what the hotel website projects. The hotel had a dank look about it, with railway tracks running right opposite the entrance. This ensured a lot of hooting and associated noises.. fortunately, the beer accompanying my first Goan meal, helped me to sleep soundly.

Would I reccommend this hotel? To be honest, my stay was too short and too hurried, for me to form an objective opinion. But yeah, the dankness of the premises made a distinct impression on my mind, and I feel I just have to mention it here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pcsarkar
newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

we have stayed at this hotel twice a year for the past six years. the accommodation is clean and comfortable and the food is very good. this is a family run hotel and the owners go out of there way to be helpful. the staff are all very appy and helpful. most places you go to in india the staff are never the same when you return.but we see the same staff at la flor every year and its like a home from home

Room Tip: rooms 105 and 101 are extra large
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank racheal1938
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

It is a good place for budget travellers. Very close to good eateries, just a stone's throw away from the main road and close to two great beaches.
The rooms are clean and the air conditioner works. The service is a little slow albeit with a smile and though the food was good the eateries nearby are better!

Room Tip: on the other side - away from the railway track!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family