“red ginger”

Ranked #1 of 187 Restaurants in Margao
Description: The Red Ginger, home of contemporary Asian cuisine
Description: The Red Ginger, home of contemporary Asian cuisine
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

red ginger is an authentic Chinese cuisine restaurant in goa. a fine dining place with great ambiance and excellent service. crowded at times advised to reserve and go

Date of visit: May 2019
Red G, Manager at The Red Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Red Ginger, Colva !

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience.
Your words of appreciation constantly encourage us to keep serving you with only the best!

We are delighted to read your wonderful words and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reply on behalf of The Red Ginger.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

I went to Red Ginger looking for sushi in South Goa. Not only was the sushi quality poor but the service was definitely disappointing. There was only one other table at the time of my visit- so service should have been better. Also the sushi prep area was set up in such a way that you really couldn't see what was being made. I sat at the "sushi bar" and watched as dumplings were being made around the corner by one sous chef who repeatedly kept lifting his phone to check and then going back to making the dumplings without washing his hands.I brought it to his attention and he was careful after that- perhaps just while I was there!
The tempura shrimp was served with a mayo based dipping sauce not "Tentsuyu" -
I also agree with another reviewer that the lighting is very dim and difficult to read menus.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Cecy K
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

Amazing sushi,probably the best we have had till date.Even the tofu in peanut sauce was a great flavour and taste.We found the restaurant quality and service as rated.

Date of visit: March 2019
Red G, Manager at The Red Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Red Ginger !

Thank you for your valuable feedback.
On behalf of the entire team at The Red Ginger, thank you for taking the time to write the review, that describes our facilities and services so beautifully.
Thank you so much for your very kind words, which truly means a lot to each one of us. We truly appreciate you and your trust in us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again and in providing another memorable experience.

Reviewed February 24, 2019

Visit Goa every couple of years. Last time we visited, this place was 'Kudos'. Was a favourite back then. So we weren't sure what to expect this visit. Party of 9. Had our ' last supper ' here before flying back to the UK. And happy in hindsight that we chose Red Ginger.

I started with a non-alcoholic cocktail, jasmine tea with lychee. Very pleasant, for rehydration, and for cooling my tongue on the spicier food! Ordered a range of mocktails and cocktails between us - all tasted great.

The food was amazing - my brother stays in Hong Kong often, and lives in Vancouver with his Chinese wife (significant Chinese presence in Vancouver) - he thought quality and authenticity were high. Highly recommend the starters - very good portion sizes / as prices are similar to mains. The sushi and Szechuan fish were stand out tastes for us. Fried okra was a pleasant first experience of this type of okra - My family are fans of okra. However, all of the 8 starters we ordered were made to a high standard.

We weren't as blown away by the mains (different chef maybe?) - which were more akin to UK average standard - ok, but not exceptional. Which is a shame.

Tried some of the desserts - impressed by date pancake, and also the sweet filled dumplings. Portion sizes generous , so we only tried 2 desserts between the dessert lovers in the group. Good feedback by all.

Have given 4 stars.

5 stars to come if main dishes improve.

Date of visit: February 2019
Red G, Manager at The Red Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Red Ginger, Colva !
It is heartening to know that you had a good time with us and your acknowledgement for the same pleases us.
Your remarkable review has been shared with our Chef and team and they are highly obliged and look forward to have you with us again.

Please accept our heartfelt gratitude and thank you again for choosing The Red Ginger as your F&B partner.

Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

I went to red ginger three times in Jan and feb. The food and chefs are great but the lighting really is abysmal with the menus in font size that appears to have been chosen to save on printing. My pleas for better lighting fell on deaf years on all three visits. I used the flashlight on my phone to see the menu and the bill. The kicker was that they charged me twice for the same meal. Rs 1666.00 at 7:25 and again at 7:26. As of today, 9 days later, they have not refunded the amount. Cheats? Yes. Bad lighting? There must be a reason for it.

Date of visit: February 2019