“Price and Service dont match”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kasauli
Baikunth Resort Kasauli
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Kasauli
Gurgaon
“Price and Service dont match”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I visited this resort with my family (wife and two kids)and parents on Dec 07- Dec 09 - 2013. Though as per Tripadvisor it is not a best option in Kasauli but I selected this basis comment from one of my friend who just visited ( not stayed) this property (may be that deceived him and me).
There are no sign boards on way and we struggled to reach this property. The resort was really good and well maintained. We booked two cottages and paid tariff similar to any Five star + property (Oberai types). Cottages were very spacious with Balcony and good valley view, so it started well...
We got first shock when my father asked for a bathroom sleeper as you expect it to be there in good resorts and hotels and house keeping guys said that it is chargeable ... Rs 100 per pair..
2nd one when we reached restra at 8.15 pm for dinner and it was not served as the guy said it will take another 30 minutes ( I think all attention and resources were diverted towards a group party). I think 8pm is not early for dinner??? Though food was good (may be we waited long enough)
3rd one we got when we asked for shampoo as it was not there in bathrooms and housekeeping guy told me that they are out of stock and it is not available. I was really shocked to hear this and then realised my mistake of selecting this.
Overall property is good, services are not matching with the price you pay..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tarun R

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were 3 couples and 3 children b/w the ages of 3 and 5. It was a perfect weekend getaway for us. The resort is v pretty and there's nothing much to do around in Kasauli. We were on the American Plan where meals were included. We could call ahead & order our food before we went to the dining hall, which was v convenient with kids. The kids room has enough toys to keep them busy for 1-2 hours, otherwise there's always the big lawn with swings (on which parents can laze around). There's also a small area with a slide and 2 hammocks. We also got the scrub & massage done at the Spa which was a relaxing experience. The only downside was that we had requested for a bonfire outside our room , but that could not happen as there was too much wooded area around. Great place for a Nov weekend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I visited Kasauli in March 2013 with my family - parents, brother, Mama-Mami, their three children, and my Masi's daughter. That made it 10 of us. We chose Baikunth Resorts based on the recommendation of one of my Mama's friends who is a regular.

We are more than satisfied with our 2-night-3-day stay at Baikunth Resorts Kasauli. The resort is a thing of beauty and the experience a joy forever. The natural landscape and planning of the resort is exquisitely beautiful. The rooms are all spacious, airy, neat, well-ventilated, well-lit, and have very comfortable beds. The attached toilets/baths are exceptionally clean and comfortable with all modern necessities and luxuries. The toiletries are all Khadi brand and amazing for the skin too! The food is amazing (just like home-cooked food - delicious, comforting, less oil and spices) and the spa is totally lovely. All of us (including my youngest cousin who is just 11) went in for various spa treatments. The spa staff is indeed well-trained and courteous, and the treatments make you feel so good. The highlight of our late afternoons and evenings was the gaming zone, with all of us trying our hand at table tennis, badminton, basketball, cricket, chess, carrom, darts, snooker, and all the various games and sports available. All in all, it was a fun trip and a lovely, lovely place to be at.

A word of caution, though - a stay at Baikunth Resorts involves a lot of walking and esp. a lot of stairs all around. People who have difficulty walking and climbing may face some problem, though I am sure the staff there has thought of this. I would advise such people (esp. elderly or those with joint/bone problems) to contact the staff at Baikunth Resorts before finalizing your reservation.

True to its name, Baikunth Resorts offers a heavenly experience - both in terms of the facilities they provide as well as the layout and landscape of the resort itself. For a real 'heaven on earth' experience, we look forward to visiting Baikunth Resorts again next year. The food esp. was delicious. The spa was absolutely soothing for our metropolitan-drudgery-ravaged nerves. And the resort is so beautiful in terms of landscaping that its beauty cannot be captured in any camera. It has to be seen to be experienced.

Just one little observation - I personally really missed a swimming pool. A temperate-water pool would have completed the 'baikunth' (heaven) experience at this property. Hope the management soon comes up with a beautiful pool at this very beautiful property.

Thanks to the staff at Baikunth Resorts for making our stay such a memorable and enjoyable one. See you again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms nearer to the restaurant are easier in terms of accessibility to all facilities as well as in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SurbhiSukhija
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed in a deluxe cottage for 3 days with our 2 kids. The room was spacious with a lovely balcony with a good view. The staff were consistently helpful and polite. ( I was a bit concerned about this after reading a couple of Tripadvisor reviews complaining about the service). The food was reasonable without being memorable. The have a lovely snug woodpanelled bar which is great for a sundowner or an after dinner drink.
Overall a hassle free pleasant stay in nice surroundings.
To highlight the service aspect- I forgot to return the key while checking out. They called in 15 mins. Rather than expecting me to come back to return it ( as I should have) they asked me where on the way it would be convenient for me to leave it and then made arrangements with a dhaba owner on the way for me to deposit it there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Getting to baikunth seems a bit difficult but is not. We realized this on the return. A few more signboards along the way at decision making points would help. The detailing in the property and the keen interest shown by the owner, manager and staff are evident everywhere. Rooms are good, the fittings, furnishings and toiletries used are top quality. Service is warm and friendly. Indian food is very good.
The manager Ravi Gurun is very hands on and deals directly with all guests, no request is too much for him. The owners interest in making this a top resort is evident, as he operates silently behind the scenes.
I strongly reccommend baikunth kasauli for a quiet getaway for a few days. Even with the slightly higher price point, it's worth it. A suggestion to the mgmt is to keep the groups away from those wanting a quiet time, the main reason one comes to baikunth. Overall a good stay, thank you and all the best.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank indiantravelopedia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights in Aug'13 and liked it very much. It is the best property in Kasauli though slightly away from main Kasauli town, still it is the best over there. Staff is courteous, food is good (though limited option), nice view, amazing resort in total. Many indoor activities perfect for a family vacation. We enjoyed our stay and will come back again definitely.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank AmitG1984
Faridabad, Haryana, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I visited the property from september 6th to 8th with my family friends.

Very nice property but all is good comes to halt when the value for money preposition comes in.

Tarriff are like 5 star but services are like ordinary 2 star hotels. even now a days 3 star hotels have lcd/led in rooms here you find 21 inch TVs that put in cabinet which recalls you your childhood where we put our B/W TVs.

It is good for us that weather is good so we enjoy the weather otherwise we are very disappointed .

Food buffet is very less choice same as 2 star properties. food quality is average.

If you have to burn your harden money then visit baikunth but on the other hand kasauli have not have much choice.

Room no. 22,23,24 have best view.

Room Tip: 22,23 & 24 have good view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family