“Wonderful place to relax”
Review of Kasauli Castle

Kasauli Castle
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Kasauli
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Visited this wonderful resort last week (29th August'13) and stayed here for 2 nights, we traveled in a group – 3 couples with 1 kid each. Trust me it is one of the best resort in Kasauli and staff here is just amazing. Right from online booking to check out everything was smooth & transparent. We had booked 3 super deluxe rooms on 1st floor and they were quite spacious, clean with nice views, wash rooms were also neat & clean. Food here is also very good which is very rare on hills though bit expensive.
Kasauli lower mall road is about 1.5 Kms from hotel - tough trekking not recommended for families with kids & old people.
Highlight of the hotel is staff who are always ready to help with a cheerful smile, they helped us in booking cab for sightseeing at very reasonable prices. Our train was in the evening so we requested the guy at the reception for a late check out, he checked his booking register but all our 3 rooms were booked :-( …….guess what – he offered us a suite to accommodate ourselves and luggage till evening that too without any extra charges…. remarkable hospitality.

Room Tip: Room 104 & 204 are best with nice views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gaurav4444
kasauli_castle, Guest Relations Manager at Kasauli Castle, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Gaurav,
Greetings from Kasauli Castle Resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.
It was a pleasure having you stay at Kasauli Castle Resort and I am glad that you felt that our team was hospitable and served you warmly and efficiently. I shall convey your compliments to the entire team.
Your comments regards to the rooms, check-in/Check-Out, service, hospitality are truly appreciated.
I thank you again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in resort.
Kasauli Castle Resort

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed for two days though ambience is good, staff were helpful but they need to improve management. Bathroom door lock was broken, no much variety in snacks. They should not hang wall clock in room that too not working.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the luxury room, however, did not find anything luxurious about it. It was a very ordinary room, just bigger that the rest I suppose. There was no hair dryer in the bathroom. Cupboard was very old and worn. Furthermore, the breakfast was very disappointing. Nothing seemed fresh. On the first day even though we went half an hour before the last order of breakfast, they had run out of wadas. Also, the table cloths were stinking. My husband and I could not eat in their because of the smell, so for two meals we chose to stand/sit out and eat.

Dinner was not bad.

The staff is very courteous and helpful. The location is good.

Overall, it was really overpriced. We have stayed in way better rooms for less.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
kasauli_castle, Guest Relations Manager at Kasauli Castle, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Mr. DK Hushnud,

Greetings from Kasauli Castle Resort.

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Kasauli Castle Resort for your so valuable vacations and also your valuable words which is so important us to improve our level.
Your feedback is important to us and I have discussed your points at length with the management. We are taking positive steps forward to carry out corrective action where necessary and focusing on the areas for improvement that you have mentioned above.

We hope for another opportunity to extend a better stay experience to you in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I used to visit every half year(September and March) for stock audit of a company in Parwanoo as I am a Chartered Accountant in full time practice from Gurgaon since March 2010.Right from march 2010,I used to stay at Kasauli Castle,after due enquiry from net,except once when I stayed at Kasauli Resort.Don't confuse it with Kasauli Castle Resort.At the first instance,I booked a suit,I think it was Room No.203,having a beautiful and fantastic,mind blowing view of the valley from the back of the suit.
All I can say that it is the ultimate luxury in Kasauli,in terms of sevice,comfort and especially,wonderful FOOD.Their Buffet breakfast will not allow you to leave the restaurant even when you are full.Service is prompt,quick and personalised.They serve you right on your table even when it is a self service buffet breakfast.
I have already recommended to all my fellow CA's and also had the same experience.

CA.Rajesh Dutt Sharma
B.Com.,LL.B.,FCA,ACS,M.B.A.

Room Tip: Suits are all having a beautiful view from the balcony which are on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
kasauli_castle, Guest Relations Manager at Kasauli Castle, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Rajesh Dutt Sharma,
Greetings from Kasauli Castle Resort.
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Kasauli Castle Resort for your so valuable vacations since 2010.
We are very happy to read that you had an enjoyable experience at our resort and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations.
Your compliments regards to food have been shared with the chef and his team for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the Kasauli Castle Resort with the same experience as from last 3 years.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

An excellent experience of 48 hrs I spent at this resort with my wife. Well maintained, neat nd clean, humble staff, tasty food, what else one requires.
I should compliment the management for maintaining it so well.

gulshan mehta

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GULSHAN M
kasauli_castle, Guest Relations Manager at Kasauli Castle, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Gulshan Mehta ji,

Greetings from Kasauli Castle Resort.
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Kasauli Castle Resort for your so valuable vacations and also your few but valuable words.
We appreciated your feedback.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

yellow/brown towels, torn & dirty bed sheets & pillow covers, if you see the pillow while changing the pillow cover, you will simply throw the pillow out of room. 10 ltr. capacity geyser in the bathroom, very ordinary bathroom. no buffet in b/f & dinner, food is average, hotel staff is busy in day playing tt, air hockey etc.
REQUIRES LOT OF IMPROVEMENT.
AVOID IT IF POSSIBLE.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank Sanjay G
kasauli_castle, Guest Relations Manager at Kasauli Castle, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Mr. Sanjay Gupta ji,
Greetings from Kasauli Castle Resort.
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Kasauli Castle Resort for your so valuable vacations.
It’s extremely disheartening to know that your last stay with us in July 2013 was not comfortable due to the above mention things; I am deeply apologies for that.
I am shocked to see your review because in Seven years we didn’t get such type of review related to laundry because we have our own laundry in which we used Johnson & Diversey’s product. I am also confirmed with related deptt. not found any complaint regarding this, because it might be easily solved by replacing pillows etc.
Please give us chance to serve you again, I am sure will not make you disappoint.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Kasauli Castle in first week of June, 2013. We were husband-wife-2 small kids (4 and 2 years,respectively). Also, my mother was traveling with us. We had booked 2 rooms...facing the garden. Quite nice. Garden and Swings for kids to play. A nice hammock too. A nice sit-out area to have morning tea or otherwise. There are other games too such as XBox, Table Tennis, Pool, etc.
Breakfast was fine... its all North Indian & various egg preparations ( but we really missed South Indian items, and Poha,upma, etc.). Other meals were fine too....not necessarily buffet....could be a fixed menu too. Apparently, the place is better on Friday nights and weekends when the Dinner is better and a dance room was set up with DJ and all. The movies they showed on big screen was just time-pass stuff...they could have shown all-time favorites, perhaps Room service was good (however, somehow they never managed to get the Khichdi right for my little one!). Since it poured on one stormy day, the power went off in that entire area. But the back-up generator did help for a few hours.... and for the remaining hours we were without power!
They have an in-house Taxi service... a little over-priced may be but that's to be expected in high season, I guess. He took us to and fro the market since we had traveled by train and didn't have our own car.
There are small convenience stores just 10 minute-walk away....for things like chips, colas, shampoo sachets, etc.
The Kasauli Regency is right next to it... it appeared all concrete and no green. Apparently its well-known for The Hangout which is its roof-top restaurant on 5th floor (no elevator, please note). We didn't get the oppurtunity to try it.
All in all, it was a good break for all of us... kids and mother included. Staff was helpful and understanding and arranged some special services for us.... though we had to check-out on time, they arranged a bed on the ground floor for my mother who was running fever. They didn't offer anything complimentary except a high tea on the day we were leaving. There were no hidden/extra/un-necessary charges...the check-out was as smooth as the check-in.
We appreciate Mr. Tikam and his staff in the F&B. And also the Manager and his team. This appeared as one of the good places to stay in Kasauli and I would certainly recommend it to all.

Room Tip: If you wanna see the movies from your room, then ask for those rooms. If you want just the valley r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
kasauli_castle, Guest Relations Manager at Kasauli Castle, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Kasauli Castle Resort.
I am pleased that the services and various facilities like x-box, pool table, Table Tennis and mostly liked by guests (open live theatre) met your expectation.
As, we always consider that our guest feedback are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level. I am apologies that we are not able to provide (Khichdi) for your kids, this is due to heavy pick season in month of June.
Your motivation/appreciation words about Mr. Tikam and his team share with them accordingly.
I once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and sharing it with us.

Looking forward to serve you again and welcoming you to enhance your stay experience at The