Kashgar Pamir Youth Hostel
  • Restaurant
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewsnight marketbunk bedsgreat locationper nighthot waterold cityprayerpamirsquarechinadustlaundrytoursyuan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was pretty exhausted after having come all the way from Pakistan back in July. I heard about this newly opened place from a traveller on KKH and it was one of the best hostels I stayed at throughout the whole trip! Amazing coffee and fantastic ice-cream downstairs. I also met some of the most amazing travellers while I stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2012

we are on our bicycle trip from Germany/Austria to New Zealand. after 12 days of tough cycling over the mountains in Kyrgyztan we arrived in Kashgar. the hostel is located close to the Id-Kah-Mosque. it is simple furnitured, but clean. Toilets and showers are cleaned every day. free Wifi and Computer. several dishes are available.
Due to a food poising in a restaurant close to the hostel we stayed for 18 days there. the owners and their staff were so helpful and friendly! we will stay now, due to visa-problems and big cold in China, now in Bishkek and we will be back in this hostel in March 2013.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great location in Kashgar, with three great owners that all can speak English. They are also able to assist with booking trips (bus, train and private tours).

Room on the street side has a great outlook over the Mosque and square, but are very dusty from the street traffic and a bit noisy. Room on the back side are quieter. Some rooms have AC, which is a must. Private rooms have a toliet and shower. There is one room that has a western style toliet...

They also have a cafe and serves great coffee and the food is not bad either..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Awesome owners that can speak Chinese and English. Very hardworking ( saw them working all day!)and ready to share information with travelers.
Hanging out at night was nice while drinking tea from their cafe and enjoying the night view with the Idkah mosque at sight.
They also installed air cons in room while i was there. (With the hot weather it was a relief!)
and they have 2 cute kittens!

The only flaw was the walk up to the hostel was not flattering.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hostel is newly-opened and solely operated by the owners. All 3 of them speak good English and Chinese, and if I'm not wrong - they speak some Uyghur as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there because they are the most awesome people ever! My friends and I initially stayed at Seman Hotel but it was way above our budget so we popped by Pamir for a look. One of the owners (the one with really good English and an Aussie accent haha) patiently brought us around to take a look, even though we weren't guests yet and were still contemplating. Anyway, we were really awed by the set-up of the hostel! The rooftop balcony is really beautiful and it overlooks the majestic Id Kah mosque. And there're hundreds of brand-new travel books at the reception area. The dorms are relatively spacious and clean (if not for the sand that no one can escape from hah).Toilets and showers for common use are sufficient. You can sense that a lot of effort was put into setting up this entire hostel.

Not only that, the lady boss helped us look for fellow travelers to join our tour to Karakul Lake and Tashkurgan! I briefly mentioned it before setting off to explore the city and wasn't really expecting anything. That very night when I got back, she had found someone and that cut down each person's tour fee by more than 100rmb. On another occasion, the lady boss caught my friends and I sharing a cup of noodles and she was really concerned. Before we could explain ourselves, she rattled off the food prices at the restaurants downstairs and that we could try the Shou Zhua Fan (Fried Rice?) without mutton at only 4RMB! It really felt that these owners sincerely go beyond what is expected of them to help their guests.

Located in Kashgar's prime area with numerous restaurants along the very same street, and a few minutes' walk from the bus-stop, there's really nothing else you can ask for.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends