“Impressive, personal and unforgettable time thanks to Elvis!”

Kashgar Offbeat Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: “Professional English speaking Tour Guide” With over 31 years of guiding experience in Xinjiang Province, Ablimit- “Elvis” -Ghopor has introduced hundreds of visitors to a true local experience. Featured in the pages of the Lonely Planet and highly recommended on TripAdvisor, Elvis can always be found at the Old Teahouse in Kashgar. Elvis’s services include tours to the weekly village markets, lending his expertise as a former rug designer to help travelers choose the perfect rug, and arranging unique custom experiences that allow visitors to discover the rich art, music and food of the Uyghur culture. Along with the historical and geographical sites within Kashgar, he also specializes in arranging excursions to Lake Karakul, Shipton's arch, and the Taklamakan Desert. He can tailor a tour to meet your schedule and interests. Hand-tailored, intimate and unique Silk Road tours.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Kashgar in early July and decided to use Elvis' service after reading so many good reviews about him. Before our departure, we were not quite sure about the security in the town. But after taking a day tour with Elvis, we felt closer to the local folk and more relaxed to walk around by ourselves.
Elvis explained so many things abut his people and his city that we could otherwise never know. His English is perfect and he knows how to adpat to travellers' various interests. It was a informative, comfortable and unforgettable day for us! If you want to know more than how things look like, Elvis has the tips for you!

4  Thank DrHimmelrich
elvisablimit, General Manager at Kashgar Offbeat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Thank you very much for traveling with Kashgar Offbeat Tours, and we appreciate your great review! We are happy to know you enjoyed your trip and went back home with some wonderful memories from Kashgar .
We are always striving to improve our service quality for our clients.
Best regards

"speaks excellent english"
"local families"
"day trip"

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I also found Elvis on lonely planet. They mention four guides for the area, but I think he is the only one you need to see.

The other guides are for outside Kashgar, such as going to tashgurgan, which I believe is best to go alone.

Elvis will show you around the city, and the daily cultural life of Kashgar. He knows many shopkeepers, but he specializes in carpet makers and musical store. He will take you to see the real Persian rugs, not the touristy places, and explain what goes into the craft of making the rugs. the carpet makers he knows are extremely knowledgable, true and tough craftsmen.

But Elvis is most familiar with the instrument makers in the old town. I visited several store owners who were master instrument makers, who's work is displayed in museums. Many will perform in front of you in the store, or are making the instruments in front of you. these artisans have small storefronts and we pass by them everyday, without notice.

You can tailor the tour to your time schedule. Elvis speaks very good English. Most importantly, he knows the "inside" story of Kashgar cultural life. Walking around with him, you learn so much more about the life around you, and I felt much more a part of the city here than when I was touring the city alone. I feel touring with him was essential to my trip here, and made my last day here worth the whole entire trip.

To contact him call his cell phone: 13899136195
You can also email him at:elvisablimit@hotmail.com

I'll add his website as well, in case you want to research him before contacting him:

4  Thank Michael C
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We learned of Elvis through the Lonely Planet guide. His English is excellent. He made our trip a success. He also helped arrange a trip to Lake Karakul, guided us through the mosques and other local sights. He is very knowledable on the traditions and culture of the Uyghur people. We recommend him highly.

6  Thank yountswe
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have known Elvis for at least 10 years and always meet up with him in Kashgar. He is very knowledgeable regarding Uyghur rugs and qilims as well as local traditions. His English is good
and I heartily recommend him to anyone who plans to travel to Kashgar.

5  Thank Travel-Central-Asia
See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I wanted an English speaking guide in Kashgar to help get me around and tell me more. Elvis was so much more, he really made my time easier and completely transformed my trip into a better experience. He helped arrange visits outside of Kashgar into the mountains, suggested other little known historic sites that were the most unique part of the trip. He helped me find a local hotel with a better location and more local feel than the tourist hot spots. He showed me a great local restaurant who even showed me how they cook. I studied Central Asia and know much about its history. I found Elvis very knowledgeable, answering questions about the region. I was looking for a local Persian type carpet since I grew up with them. Elvis helped me find the real deal. Carpets from Kashgar use different colors, designs, and use local wool. Many carpets in the bazaar are not local, they look like those from the Middle East and aren't even made of wool! Elvis is very honest and trusting him made my vacation. I recommend him to anyone going to Kashgar.

5  Thank ChrisMaP