“Perhaps typical for China but not what I expected”

Jinjiang Hot Spring Hotel
Jinjiang Hot Spring Hotel
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Enping
Toronto, Canada
“Perhaps typical for China but not what I expected”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I only used the pools; did not stay over night. My family's friend seemed very keen for me to visit a local hot spring. Against my better judgment I agreed. I didn't being a swimsuit so had to buy one from one of the stalls along the road to the resort. I vow never to wear that suit again.
The attendant gave the three of us lockers in three different sections of the change room! The plastic slippers are not cleaned between users. Towels are available and plentiful.
The hot spring pools were ok there were lots of local visitors who were very loud so it's almost like a water park instead of hot spring spa.
As a Canadian, I think I went in expecting a more tranquil, relaxed atmosphere. I suspect that's not what resorts are like in China.

• Stayed December 2013

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kawaihae, Hawaii
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I visited the Jinjiang Hot Spring Hotel as part of a group, for one night. After entering my room for the first time, I noticed human excrement in the toilet. Was it a message from hostile staff? Or just an indication that this hotel lacks standards of cleanliness and sanitation?

With apprehension, I used the hot springs. The locker room was acceptable, but I did not feel that much of anything was sanitary. The showers were disgusting. The slippers do not seem to be cleaned between uses. Towels (along with sheets and towels in my room) were made of polyester, and did not absorb water -- I couldn't dry myself with them. The bed was hard (a board with a thin pad), in the style of many government hotels, but this board-bed was so badly broken down that sleep was impossible. In the morning, there was no hot water in the bathroom sink or shower.

Dinner and breakfast in the hotel dining rooms was ordinary at best. Low quality food was served.

This hotel/resort is in a beautiful setting with natural hot springs. From the landscaped grounds, the exterior and the lobby, it appears to be a wonderful place. But the actual rooms and facilities are not clean. This was the most disappointing place we visited in China.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank carport

Travelers are raving about these Enping hotels