“International?.... Not even close!”

Zhongzhou Yufeng International Hotel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Linzhou
Shanghai, China
“International?.... Not even close!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been living and traveling in China for over 3 years now. So with that being said I am aware of what I should expect from a hotel that considers themselves as an International Hotel. I expect SOMEONE... ANYONE... to speak at least some kind of English when I am checking in. There was no one that could talk to me at the front desk. I expect them to be able to get a taxi to pick me up at the front of the hotel. All I got was hand gesture to go outside and walk to the street and wait. I expect the the shower to be clean and functional. The shower was filthy and disgusting with rotting mold at the corners from where the water does not drain due to poor workmanship when installing the shower floor. The shower head was filthy with mold and hard water deposits that made it impossible to be adjusted or even want to touch it. I expect that the coffee be replaced and old coffee packages be thrown away when they clean the room for the next day. All they offered was instant coffee... I am OK with that.... But don't make me have to call the front desk... and remember there is no one that speaks English... and have to ask you to bring the instant coffee packages to the room. All they are willing to give you is two (2) small instant coffee packages and will charge you 15 rmb for each one after... Really? I expect complimentary drinking water.... All that is provided is one bottle of drinking water and if you use it they charge you 30 rmb. The bed was not comfortable. Its was the standard hard mattress that all the other Chinese hotels use. I asked for an additional blanket for the bed and was charged 15 rmb for that also. As others have said yes there in nothing but Chinese stations on the TV.

I realize I was in the middle of BFC and should be happy just to have what I can get. As I said I have traveled all over China.... This certainly is the worst Hotel that considers themselves as International that I have stayed at so far. But for the area this is probably all you can get.. Good Luck.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2012

The fact that all the other reviews are in Chinese probably tells you all to need both about Linzhou and this hotel. I have not seen another European face here. However, the hotel is clean, the rooms large, the beds comfortable (see photo), and the food truly excellent. It is, by popular opinion from my colleagues, the best act in town. On the plus side, there is free broadband - on the negative side, it is slow. There aren't enough power sockets, and what there are are in the wrong place, The thermostat does not work. And no BBC, CNN or HBO on TV. In other words, this is rural China, and if you are here, stay at this hotel, do not go in with great expectations. But the staff are friendly, and it is the best around.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Zhongzhou Yufeng International Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Zhongzhou Yufeng International Hotel

Property: Zhongzhou Yufeng International Hotel
Address: No.96 East Section of Hongqiqu Avenue, Linzhou 456550, China
Location: China > Henan > Linzhou
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Linzhou
Hotel Class:4 star — Zhongzhou Yufeng International Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA so you can book your Zhongzhou Yufeng International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.