“There is nothing warmer than a man's soul...”

and 1 more site!
Nanshan International Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Longkou
ATHENS
“There is nothing warmer than a man's soul...”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

That was the second time I stayed in this hotel during the last 3 years. My room was actually an appartment of maybe more than 100m2 at the end of a long-long corridor which I did 3 times since my card refused to open the door the first 2 times. The airconditioning was not turned to heating mode and was very difficult to shut down, thus I soon decided that I would have a good sleep in cold hell (maybe I deserved that fate..). Our hosting suppliers were really very hospitable within our day meetings and took us to a long and warm dinner at hotel underground level no3 in a private room. We were then left alone to face our cold destiny in our rooms! I had the obvious idea of getting a hot shower but hot water was not willingly cooperating. Then I walked on a very cold bath floor and hurried to my bed and my next hell as the sheets were really humid! the feeling was eally ugly and I had to try the very last solution of getting a 30 minutes massage on my hurting shoulders and back by a hotel professional. I can tell you that after this session I had a long 7 hours sleep till my breakfast time next morning! I highly recommend this procedure for this place before sleep. The breakfast can offer a lot to local natives but not much more than a humble yogurt and a banana to "aliens". Coffee is acceptable though. This hotel is the ony one in the area, so try to armour your good self with courage to spend your night there..

Room Tip: keep away from "edge corner" rooms. they are much colder than others.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KONSTANTINOS M

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Wiehl, Germany
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've visited the hotel many times and stayed there plenty of weeks in total since about 10 years. Considering the development, it has invcreased a lot. It is average inner-Chinese standard. Heating was quite bad last time (March) when outside night temps dropped to few degrees above zero only. In summer, it is much better (naturally). The rooms are big and equippend with what you need to stay. Nothing spectacular. Ínternet connection is good normally but can break down immerdiately without any pre-warning. However, the surrounding of the hotel (artificial lakes, golf courses, ...) is nice. It's all like a campus - and there you find more than in the village :o). I assume, normally only business people stay there and most of them will have seen much worse in this country (but also much better). Thus, finally only 3 points.

Room Tip: try to get a room to the back (lake view)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been to this hotel many times, because the Chinese company I am working for pays for the room. The room is OK, at best. In my opinion, the rooms are cleaned with a lick, and a promise, haha. If you use any glasses in the room, the maid will clean (?) them in the bathroom and replace them on the shelf. Having stayed for a total of 3 months this year, I have experienced both good and bad periods. The lobby area would make you think it is at least a 4 star hotel, but the room cleanliness and service puts it in a no-tell motel class... not good! If you soil "anything" in the room, then expect to see a charge on your bill. This happened to me on many occasions, and the front desk was confused... not much English at this hotel. There is a large breakfast area, and there is a very large selection of Chinese and Western type foods. But again, the service is minimal at best, except when "Jerry" is there. As for the Western restaurant... if it wasn't for Frank (Manager) then this would be a total mess. If you have a problem with anything in this hotel, then just go to Frank and explain and he will do his very best. No less than 10 times I have sent french fries back to the kitchen because they were COLD. Getting hot food in this restaurant is by chance, and not a normal occurance. A pasta dish will usually be hot, but don't count on it. The food prices are much higher for less food, in the Western restaurant. It is cheaper to order Chinese food for less money, more food, and usually it is hot. And the room... OK, it is a large room, and a big TV, but nothing special for Western people, except National Geographic, Discovery, and BBS. With all the Western people that stay at this hotel, you would think there would be more. The beds at king size, but have seen better days and the sheets or futon were never changed in 2 months. You will most probably receive a phone call for the first few nights after you arrive, asking if you want a girl for a massage. This has happened to me numerous times. It is nice that there is a water spigot that you can actually have drinking water, BUT I suggest you boil it first as with ALL water in China. I was happy to leave this hotel, but I will be back in January to work again, and back to this rat-hole for another month. I have found good places to eat in Longkou, and there is a KFC within 10-15 minutes walking, and a small shopping center and grocery store connected with the KFC. Just ask for Frank, or Rachel (front desk) when she is available, and they can help you. They are both very good!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor; close to the Western restaurant, but don't expect good food.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Well, I don't know this area really, it's my first time around here, but this nice hotel seems to do the job.
In general, the people of Shandong Province are more warmhearted than the other Province's people. So it's a good start anyway.
The Loby in welcoming and clean, the rooms is wide, there's a relatively huge porch from which you could observe the calming lake underneath.
The room is very clean, and nicely furnished.
The Bath, however, is some mixture of the familiar local Chinese taste, and an extremely luxurious one. For instance, the Toilet is by Kohler, but the shower and the bath are pretty much modest.
Service seems to be nice, and I might cautiously say that this kind of hotel, which cost nearly 500 RMB / Night would have cost 2.5 times in the large cities.
They spoil their guests with a 42" Samsung LED, a filtered water tap, a vast working desk, and a few more amenities.
I'm having fun!