“boat trip inside”
Review of Longhu Mountain

Reviewed February 15, 2017

A boat trip inside to see the natural scene. A performance of the traditional hanging coffin and catching fish with bird.

Reviewed January 20, 2015

Photos at: http://salutmarinnn.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/mount-longhu.html

The mountains were a beautiful experience, with the scenery being great but not scintillatingly breathtaking. For me, the best part of the experience was seeing how the culture of the people living in the mountains was still quite traditional, and much simpler. Listening to the stories of the boatsmen who rowed us down the river, the humorous conversations between tour guides and noticing their accents, were the most fascinating parts of the experience for me- in fact, my tour guide was only 16 years old.

However, without a grasp of the Chinese language it is hard to really engage with the culture beneath the surface of the beautiful landscape. I guess it is the case with a lot of more isolated travel destinations that there is limited infrastructure to support international tourists- which has its own innocent charm but is in the end, a limitation.

If you want to encounter a rich cultural experience in China, that offers a complete escape from its fast-paced cities and are travelling with someone who understands/is Chinese, this is definitely a worthwhile experience.

Photos at: http://salutmarinnn.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/mount-longhu.html

Reviewed December 29, 2014

I have not been to many mountains such as Mt Wuyi at Fujian to make comparisons and it is true that the sight was not as breathtaking as that of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park but still I have to give this place a 4 stars as it was the best place that I have been to during my 1 week trip in Wuyuan. I visited many villages and a few other mountains in that one week but this was quite a pleasant surprise to me. My friends and I spent an afternoon and the next morning touring and trekking the park but we managed to cover only some of the key spots. Shangqing Palace, first built in East Han Dynasty, the place where the Taoist Master, Zhang Tianshi made pills of immortality in the middle period of East Han dynasty and the place where all gods received their official ranks is one of those places one should not miss when visiting this park.

Reviewed October 6, 2014

Some friends took me to this site. I really did not know what to expect. Their Chinese said it was a "big" mountain. NOT!!!! Liars. But, it was still beautiful and a wonderful trip with friends. We passed the hiking part, which I would have loved. From the tram, your first stop is a pond like area. You go along the boardwalk and ultimately finding yourself on a catwalk along the side of the cliffs. It look very interesting. I would imagine the views are awesome. But, my Chinese friends are not about exercise and hiking. Instead, they took me to the bamboo boat rafts. It was National Day holiday, so, the wait was about an hour. But, the casual ride down the river on a clear blue skied autumn day was worth it. Our guide was very outgoing. He sang us two local songs and told several local legend stories along the way. Since I do not speak Chinese, I have no clue what he said. But. it was fun to see how animated he was.

We did the coffin cliff show. It was very uneventful really. Chinese brothers dressed in yellow jumpsuits repelling down the side of the cliff. They do a few flips and acrobatics on the rope. Then, they show how they think the people from 2600 years ago got the coffins up into the caves. I missed the bird fishing demonstration.

Overall, it was a great trip. I recommend it. I am not sure the cost, since I did not pay for the tickets. But it was a good trip. Make sure you do the bamboo raft trip. It is very relaxing and a wonderful ride.

Oh, this is the site of the 'No Mosquito Village". Not much to see there really. Some restaurants to eat at though.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Highly recommended by three Chinese, Longhushan was a big disappointment.
Directed first to the Guzhen (Old Town) and its Daoist temples, I wasted half a day, discovering only post-Cultural Revolution concrete rebuilt structures. For a more rewarding, prettier and more physically challenfing look at a Daoist mountain, visit Kongtongshan near Pingliang in Gansu. The Longhushan mountains are OK but are no match for the more picturesque Wuyishan in Fujian, and the similar raft trip down the river at Wuyishan is consequently more memorable than the raft trip at Longhushan, a fact noted by another Chinese raft co-traveler. I was ambivalent at best about the giant concrete walkway affixed to Elephant Nose Mountain here. I learned some new Chinese words at the excellent geological museum. Yingtan is one of the worst Chinese cities of the couple score I've visited. Can't uncheck the button, but this is an all-day attraction,

3  Thank 60726Nicky_11