We spent 9 days at the Anahita resort and would thoroughly recommend it. Our over riding impression was of the friendliness of the staff but not at the expense of professionalism. Anahita the resort sits across the bay from the Four Seasons at Anahita which is a little confusing. They are two different properties but sit on the same site and share the golf club/course. All the properties at The resort are owned by individuals and as such the accomodation is sized and equipped to a standard such that it could be used as a home. We had a huge sea view "residence" which must be more than triple the size of a normal hotel suite and included a full kitchen, a dining room with table to seat 8, open plan lounge with sofas, flat screen tv, dvd player plus an oversized terrace with plunge pool, table and sun loungers. The plunge pool seems a pre requisite of high end hotels nowadays but we rarely use it. Food in the main restaurant Origine is of a very high quality and even though we were on half board we had the option to chose from the a la carte menu at a small supplement. Once or twice a week there was a tasting menu with wine pairings which was excellent. We should say the H/B menu was not one of those deals you always feel you need to upgrade to get a decent meal - for example one evening the half board menu included fillet of beef. The Executive Chef Vinay would pretty much cook you anything you wanted - so we would recommend you just ask. If you dont want to eat in the restaurant you can have in room dining where a chef will come to your residence and prepare and serve the meal for you. We ordered breakfast in our room as late as 1030am which is served at no additional charge. There is a full range of watersports - we sailed the hobbiecats for 1 or 2 hours most days. Its worth checking with the boat house when low tide in the lagoon is as its not always possible to sail at low tide. We played tennis most days on the astroturf floodlit courts and used the gym regularly which is fully equiped and staffed and is of a decent size unlike a lot of hotels which have tiny gyms with a limited range of equipment. Although there was a full range of personal training programs there is a lack of any frequent organised gym glasses (yoga, pilates, aerobics). We are not golfers but toured the golf course which is operated by the four seasons hotel next door. The standard of the course (as observed by non golfers) seemed very high. All the carts have GPS and given a round of golf was about €130 - the fact the room rate at the Anahita includes unlimited rounds of golf seems excellent value. We did the one hour introduction to golf which was fun. The hotel offers a free speedboat shuttle to a nearby island and the four seasons hotel next door so you can use the restaurants/bars there if you wish. It was not important to us but we should note there's very little evening entertainment. We loved the flexibility if having our own fully equipped apartment combined with all the facilities you would expect from a hotel. The mangement were very helpful and always available. We have stayed at several 5 star resorts on the island and this compares very favourably. Try the massage on the beach to unwind! or fall asleep on a day bed with a gin and tonic watching the sun set.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stretching out majestically over 213 hectares of tropical gardens, Anahita Golf & Spa Resort is located on one of the most beautiful natural sites on the East coast of Mauritius. With the Indian Ocean's crystalline waters of the lagoon at its feet, the Resort combines luxury, peace and enchantment. Experience the authentic Mauritian charm with its unique accommodation (lavishly furnished Suites & Villas), refined cuisine and dedicated service in a breathtaking natural environment. At Anahita Golf & Spa Resort, enjoy a vast range of the most sought-after activities: two exceptional 18-hole championship golf courses designed by Ernie Els and Bernhard Langer, exclusive beach experience on its two beaches, boutiques, Personal fitness centre, Wellbeing centre, tennis courts, Kid's club, water sports centre, golf clubhouse... Experience supreme and simply unparalled luxury: that of having the ultimate freedom of choice. Anahita Golf & Spa Resort, A New lifestyle Resort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anahita Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anahita The Hotel Beau Champ
- Anahita Hotel Beau Champ
- Anahita Resort Beau Champ
- Anahita Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Beau Champ