“The return trip to Anahita”

Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beau Champ
Brighton, United Kingdom
“The return trip to Anahita”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at Anahita in June 2013 and had one of our best holidays ever,and we thought we should go back in the summer.We went at the end of January for 12 days and if anything it was even better than the last time,even though we had a tropical cyclone.The staff were so friendly even though this time it was much busier.We both felt that the food was even better this time,if that were possible,and the service was excellent as usual.The resort itself is so well maintained,the gardens are magnificent and even more colourful in summer.We shall certainly be going back,as this holiday was the most relaxing ever.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the garden pool villas,as they are a little way from the beach.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here last autumn for two weeks and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. It is a slice of heaven and such a beautiful hotel. You can do nothing but relax and savour the simplicity of the private beaches and all the fabulous facilities that the hotel has to offer.

The villa was wonderful; showering outside every day was a joy and occasionally sharing it with the local wildlife! Staff were so helpful and trained to the highest of standards. Enjoy some time in the spa with a great massage. It’s all about indulgence. A must-do is the mini-submarine trip, what an experience.

Definitely a holiday to remember.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very nice resort in every aspect (except buggy service and couple of small issues with service quality in restaurants).
To be mentioned that it was top service for my children and the best I ever experienced (not only the service but also the resort itself). But at the same time this NOT the family only resort! It even has a quiet beach which we did not attend with children.
Beaches are very clean and nice, even though, artificial.
Water activities have to be mentioned as top of it`s class.
I would recommend in villa dinning for better choice of dishes (You can mix all restauranst of the resort).

Room Tip: In Two - bedroom villa we stay very very comfortable 4 adults with 2 kids (both 3 years) and 2 babie...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is our second trip to this Four Seasons hotel. The first visit was so good we just HAD to come back again to ensure it wasn't a fluke - it WASNT!! . The whole experience - including the lovely helpful staff; the superb food and the wonderful gardens has left another very warm feeling in my holiday memory bank
The golf course is wonderful but we don't play golf but went for an hour tuition.
There are lots of fruit bats that float in around dusk which is fabulous to watch - they are enormous but they don't like us humans - phew!!!
The lagoon is a really safe environment for all the watersports - which are all free - and the staff just can't do enough to help!!

Cant wait to see what happens on our THIRD visit

Room Tip: We had Ocean view room 172 which overlooked the ocean and was just fabulous. This is the 2nd time w...
1 Thank holidaysforus504164
London
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I don't believe there is. Now whilst I am in agreement with most of the amazing reviews I believe it may be of more use to trip advisor users to identify areas which may be improved upon, there aren't many I can assure you, but here goes: If you fly BA it is probable you will arrive at the resort around 6am and depart around 5am some 7 days later Mauritian time, therefore it doesn't really make sense to be offered breakfast on departure but not on Arrival. Far more welcoming also as the vast majority of us simply can't face food so early and would be happier unpacking and making our way to the restaurant around 9/ish.
There isn't an adults only swimming pool area which surprised me although there is a designated quiet beach. If you wish to shower and change after your dip in the sea you will need to return to your villa as FSM don't offer a changing room by the pool or beaches - you are expected I guess to change ( not warm shower ) in the loos - something I loathe to do.
On arrival I dined at Bamboo for dinner - I was very unimpressed and didn't return. The lighting was so inadequate. I couldn't read the menu and more importantly I couldn't see my food. Now of course I accept I could have chosen a terrible table but when the starters arrived it was obvious they had been pre prepared and chilled. Where's the harm, you might ask it was only a salad but the salad was served in a poppadom which was verging on soggy - the whole meal was pretty unimpressive which is a shame as the venue and food looks fabulous at lunchtime. They serve sushi during the day but sadly not in the evening. I didn't feel it made a successful transition from lunch to dinner.
Like everyone else I applaud the service, the landscaping, architecture and overall design. The Italian restaurant is excellent! wonderful innovative food with a creative chef and a fantastic maître de, a real treat. We even had breakfast there whenever we could. The bar staff and cocktails are sublime. I would return to the FSM but for those seeking near perfection I would point them towards the Maldives and the Reethi Rah.

Room Tip: Two bedroomed villas are fabulous - very spacious with wonderful gardens and pool
3 Thank Marchmain
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Found myself in Port Louis for a few days and popped into the Four Seasons for lunch. What an oasis! The Four Seasons has done an excellent job with this property. It is simply stunningly beautiful. The property is situated between a golf course and the water. People get around with golf carts and bikes but most of the resort is very walkable.

The service is excellent (as always) lunch – a salad with prawns was well prepared and came quickly. They even got me english language papers I was looking for and brought me three. Wifi was quick and the views of the beach and water are magnificent.

The property is run by some American named Tony – he was making his way around the lunch tables and I saw him a few times around the property – seems very hands on. All the staff know his name and seem to like him (my first test of a good hotel, does the staff like the GM). We never met.

I came to check out the resort as a possible vacation stay and will surly return with my family. The crowd was a nice mix of young families and mature couples. You can’t miss the large Russian contingent on the property whom were introducing themselves to a lunchtime bottle of vodka next door. I guess a couple of decades of vacationing at the Red Sea calls for something different. They are easy enough to stay clear of.

Well done Four Season… a credit to your brand.
5 out of 5.

Room Tip: The Villas seemed popular....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank s b
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We spent 7 nights here pre-Christmas and didn't want to leave. I actually requested a Customer Survey upon departure as I felt the need to recognise how good it had been. I would never normally do that.
The staff were insanely good and moved around the hotel so one came across familiar faces in different areas throughout the stay and I joke not when I say that nothing was too much for anyone, and alwways with a borad and welcoming smile. So we went fishing a couple of times, outside of the hotel, and they would have a fully prepared cold breakfast all packed up for us at 5.30am so we could take it to the boat....we arrived early, as the London flights tend to do, and were expecting a long wait until the villa was ready but not only was it ready, they had laid out a huge breakfast for us in the villa and put welcome gifts for the kids on their beds. Seeing platters of fresh fruit and steaming hot coffee and croissant after an overnight flight was really welcome. It's the litte things...and they got them ALL right.
The food was amazing in all areas. Breakfast had a number of nice touches like ordering eggs and a la carte food rather than queuing, various delicious international dishes on the menu, and a juice stall full of exotic fruits belended to request as you wish.
We had dinner in all three restaurants throughout the week and, considering dinner was included in our rate, we were seriosuly impressed each time whether it be ordering off the menu or at one of the themed foody evenings (sounds tacky but was actually really nicely done with almost everything cooked for you at a stall when you asked for it). Heaven for chillie lovers....
We lunched by the pool most days which was always incredible but did become expensive as a family of 5 after drinks and tax etc.
We had a 2-bedroom garden villa which was heavenly and simply perfect and I would book it again next year if i could. We spent most of the day by the pool staring at the sea or indeed actually out at sea so i didn't see the need to pay more for the sea view.
I could go on and on and will really try to get back there next year...it's as good as it looks and ticked all our boxes.
My only complaint, if i HAD to make one, was a lack of hooks in the bathrooms...all the towels are rolled up and left strategically around the room but, once used, there's no where to hang them. That is the only negative of the week, which says a lot...it's a great hotel..

Room Tip: garden villa 211 was excellent.....quiet and distanced from hotel without being too far.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 11 in Le Morne
The St. Regis Mauritius Resort
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel
Shanti Maurice - A Nira Resort

Been to Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita? Share your experiences!