“Fabulous location, Great”

Serre Chevalier Vallee
More attraction details
Owner description: Vallée de Serre Chevalier :Un des plus grands domaines skiables d'europe avec 250km de pistes. Une multitude d'activités été comme hiver.350km de sentiers et 180km de pistes VTTL'office du tourisme vous accueille toute l'année
Bromley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulous location, Great”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have just returned from a week's ski holiday in Serre-Chevalier - I have wanted to learn to ski since I was 12 and although a niggling hip injury I've had for a while slowed me down, I still managed to make some progress during the week. This was almost entirely due to the fantastic tutoring I had from the Ski Connections team. Davina was so accommodating and attentive, I felt as though she was as determined for me to ski before the week was out as I was! Although it was a real challenge, I had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back next year.

We booked the trip through Chez Serre Chevalier and were blown away by the care and attention the owners (Duncan and Alison) paid to every aspect of our holiday right from the point of booking. We stayed in the Hameau Du Rocher Blanc apartments which were really nice and our stay was made all the better by Duncan and Alison's proactive approach to taking care of their holiday makers.

I am normally a fussy traveller who likes things to be "just so" and I was so pleased to have a holiday that I couldn't fault (except the dodgy hip of course!)

I would recommend both Chez Serre Chevalier and Ski Connections for a family holiday anytime!

4 Thank BromleyDeez
serrechevalier, Responsable relations clients at Serre Chevalier Vallee, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Hi,
Thanks for your contribution. We are really happy that you enjoyed your holiday in Serre Chevalier
Greetings
Serre Chevalier Tourist Office

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
Benfleet, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“excellent for family skiing.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A good distribution of mixed ski runs. Several pretty green runs linking Chantemerle and Serre Rattier and Villeneuve so even beginners have some good skiing. t#The beginners area is high so good skiers can ski off at their own levels and join beginners for lunch etc.

1 Thank pamelann-A
Hi,
Thanks for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed family skiing in Serre Chevalier. We try to make the most for families and it is really great to have reviews like yours.
Greetings
Serre Chevalier Tourist Office
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chantemerle, Serre-Chevalier”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great resort (Chantemerle, Serre Chevalier). Ski lifts bang in the centre and only 50 yards from hotel. Plenty of free parking once the day trippers had left. Skiset (ski hire shop) almost made the holiday: great service, now store your skis and boots safely (no more trekking back to hotel with kit) and super helpful.

Best Apartment (Le Hameau du Rocher Blanc) yet in 5 years of self catering. 5 of us in a 6 - 8 person apartment but even if full large enough to accommodate all comfortably.

Two supermarkets nearby, plenty of restaurants and bars.

Skiing wise not the most taxing: excellent for the intermediate and beginner skier but not too many challenges for the expert. Black runs were the favourite this trip as they were more like difficult reds. Many reds like difficult blues etc. On the last day managed to ski right across all four valleys.

Queuing was virtually non existent. I don't know if we were lucky but it was extremely rare to hit a queue. Average wait over the week was probably 1-2 minutes at most.

Sun and snow all week, no queues, great apartment, good facilities in town - who could ask for more.

4 Thank Matthew P
Caterham, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Impressed by lack of queues over half-term”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have just returned from a half-term ski trip to Chantemerle. We had to get up early to beat the ski schools up the mountain but once we were up there we rarely queued. There were a couple of bottle-necks on the return from Monetier and the Combes chair could get busy but overall we were pleasantly surprised.
The area is good for intermediates but we found we had skied all the runs well before the end of the week so lacks in variety compared with large areas such as Val d'isere/Tignes or the The Three Valleys. The conditions were good while we were there and stayed good despite no new snow. The black runs in general were overgraded though I imagine they would be difficult if icy.
The mountain restaurants were okay and the area was small enough that we could meet up with family of different abilities.
The ski bus was efficient and it was reassuring that we could not be stranded anywhere along the valley if we were tired or ran out of time.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good Skiing”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great if you like sun, some slower lifts higher up, but the "Casse de Boeuff" chair was a very useful traversing option to overcome the tricky drags.

Visited January 2013