“Amazing experience”

$161.77*
and up
Great Barrier Reef Cruise from Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Glory of Great Barrier Reef with Sunlover Reef Cruises. Enjoy a memorable day trip to the stunning Fitzroy Island or the awe inspiring Moore Reef pontoon on the Outer Barrier Reef. Our fast, modern, air-conditioned catamarans depart Cairns daily and take you to our spacious outer reef activity platforms. Enjoy over 4 hours at the reef and an impressive array of complimentary inclusions including glass bottom boat and semi-submersible reef viewing tours.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Was a fantastic day out. A wonderful child friendly cruise with added extras of being able to go on a glass bottom boat and a semi submersible. Everything you need for the day is included except towels and the buffet lunch was delicious and included prawns! The clarity of the water was great and we lost count of how many different species we saw including a sea turtle. There was a touch tank for kids which at the end of the day we got to see and touch a variety of sea cucumbers which the on board naturalist gave us a run down on. This trip was definitely the highlight of our trip to Cairns!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank TStevenson77

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Have seen the reef only on channels like Discovery and National Geographic..i never thought that I can get up close and personal at the great barrier reef...this place has always been on my bucket list forever. All thanks to SUNLOVER REEF CRUISES for making this the most memorable trip ever! The captain,crew and everyone was so warm and friendly..Being a non swimmer I decided to go for sea walking. Never thought about snorkelling. My special thanks to Ollie our instructor also a Marine Biologist who was so caring,friendly and knowledgeable ..he gave us the confidence that being a non swimmer doesn't matter and I should definitely try snorkelling and I would be safe. So I changed my mind and decided to take the plunge with my husband:) or i would have missed so much!

Visited September 2013
Northern CA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great family friendly cruises”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved the cruise and the variety of activities it offers. We looked at lot of cruises and chose this one and were very happy with our choice. The crew knows what they are doing and love their job. Perfect for both non swimmers and swimmers.

Visited August 2013
Esperance, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The boat was packed full of people and this trip caters a lot more for foreigners and older people. As a young person I was a bit disappointed with this experience as I have had better, similar and less expensive ones in Bali and Fiji. Water clarity wasn't that good and I was a bit disappointed my Great Barrier Reef experience didn't blow my mind as I will probably never get back there again! With this in mind I would definitely have booked a different boat trip out to the reef, maybe the ones without a fixed pontoon and reef position will be better? Also it was really annoying being the last boat to leave the dock and the last to return out of all the boats.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Erry89
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Brilliant day and crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went on the sunlover cruise when our other was cancelled due to choppy seas. The sunlover boat can go in all weathers as they have a platform for stabilisation.

From start to finish, we had a fantastic day. The morning tea on arrival was a lovely start. We then got a great seat at the back to sunbathe whilst on our was to the reef. The sea was rough and many people were getting sick. I felt so sorry for the crew who had to take the sick bags off people after use. However, they were really efficient and friendly to all passengers.

The lunch was fantastic with plenty of choice. The snorkelling was just brilliant; there was a diver under the surface who attracted a sea turtle for us to swim with.

We bought photos which were reasonably priced.

If you're going to the reef, go with these guys!

Visited July 2013