“Excellent place for dinner”
Review of Bistro 58 - CLOSED

Bistro 58
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent place for dinner”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Came here with my dad on a grotty November evening, and so pleased I chose it. Food is easily the best in the village. My duck was nicely cooked, it probably needed a sauce but this is only a minor consideration. Too full for pudding. Reasonable selection of wines. Overall excellent, and will definitely return.

• Visited November 2013

UK
“Excellent Sunday lunch”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent Sunday lunch, piping hot and served pretty quickly. Lots of yummy vegetables, including cauliflower cheese! Delicious puddings. We didn't try the starters. Will definitely be visiting again.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our English friends from Dubai were pining for a 'proper' Sunday Lunch. Bistro 58 was recommended and didn't disappoint. The beef was superb and the yorkshire puddings were lovely. Unusually, there was a really tempting vegetarian option (my wife normally just 'makes do' when we are out for Sunday Lunch). We will be back!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Still the best food in Chipping Sodbury”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Took Emily for a meal at 6pm last night (Thursday 17th October) She had Chicken Supreme after a starter of King Prawns and I had a superb soup of 'Chestnut Mushrooms' specially prepared at my request (it's not on the menu) followed by a steak which was cooked perfectly to my very exacting standards, which was served with superb home cooked chips with savoy cabbage in cream (wonderful!) Onion rings and mushooms/tomatoes garnish. Too full for desserts - which we have had several times previously - and are all superb.

Excellent and non - intrusive service from the owner/main chef, we were the only customers at 6pm (that's early for an evening meal).

The owner/chef confided in us that the person described in the previous feedbacks as the 'intrusive self invited table companion' no longer works there. This goes a long way to negating the previous 'negative' comments in the 'Trip Advisor' feedbacks.

We have nothing but the highest praise for this establishment and its food and service. We have taken our family for lunch last month - they were all delighted.

You can see who we are by searching MEMORIES ON VIDEO on Google

Cliff Williams

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food and lovely non intrusive service!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A couple of months ago I had a large party at this restaurant for private dining - lovely food and great choice of wines. A brilliant evening. Since then I have recommended this to all my friends BUT more than one of them said their evening had been marred by service that was TOO attentive (but the food had been just fantastic). I suppose in my large party this just wasn't noticeable. However my husband and I enjoyed a really lovely evening last week - the usual high standard of choice and quality of food AND excellent non intrusive service. It seems that there has been a change of waitress staff and we had a perfect evening of great food and genuinely helpful service. We have booked again for the end of the month.

1 Thank Jenny T