“Great Italian”
Review of Giardino Restaurant - CLOSED

Giardino Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Giardino Restaurant's small shop front on Chipping Sodbury's historic Horse Street belies the large and rather elegant restaurant beneath the surface. This popular eatery has recently undergone new management, and with its wooden floors, forest green banquettes and authentic Italian menu it has become a hit with local young professionals and families. Spread out over two floors, this restaurant has an excellent wine cellar, a variety of homemade puddings and a cosy vibe complete with wi-fi access ��� making it ideal for business lunches. Italian chef/owner Giuseppe Laudani's signature dishes include the carpaccio di manzo; the tagliatelle al salmone; and the Giardino salad made with mozzarella, tomatoes and onions.
Traunstein
“Great Italian”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant had just changed hands when we were there, but it was excellent. The chef/waiter has an exceptional knowledge of wine as well as producing delicious food from local produce.

Visited June 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Top Notch Food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We popped in here on a Thursday night and were the only customers. That was a shame because the food was absolutely delicious. Our starter of fried calamari was delightfully light and non-greasy. My husband chose the fresh fish special, which was delicate and tasty, and they had no problem working round my husband's dairy intolerance either, they happily used olive oil instead of butter on his meal. I had the chef's special pasta, penne with porcini and asparagus, and it was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had. We'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
Bridgend
“NO FILLET STEAK! NO VEAL! NO UMBRELLA! NO GOOD!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We booked this about a month before we went this weekend. It was 8 o clock Saturday evening and everything that we asked for they didn't have! All the meals were very poor and the girl that served us was coughing and spluttering as she served each meal! They added a service charge which I was not prepared to pay! My friend left her umbrella downstairs and couldn't find it. They couldn't careless and tried to give us someone elses. The guy I gave the money to was just not a bit interested in what we had to say about the food. I think we just had a very bad experience of this place as I had read the other reviews prior to booking because I wanted a nice weekend for our friends. However, we will never return!

• Visited July 2013
Durham, England
“Unexpected surprise, and a very nice restaurant!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had the misfortune to stay at the Portcullis Hotel... horrible place, so I wasn't too optimistic about finding anywhere decent to eat nearby.

How wrong can you be!

The Giardino Ristorante was very, very good. It was fairly quiet, and I simply opted for a pizza and wine. The staff were friendly and courteous, and very welcoming.

The pizza was cooked to perfection, not always the case, and the base was delicious. It was one of the best pizzas I've had in a long, long time... and the house white was more than palatable.

I can only base my opinions on what I had.. which was the pizza and wine.. based on that, I'd definitely recommend the Giardino.... good food and friendly staff. Thank you!

Visited June 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Giardino”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A really great place to eat in chipping sodbury! A party of twelve of us had a meal to celebrate a birthday and Rafael was extremely accommodating! Meals were high class and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We will most certainly be returning soon. Fantastic service!

• Visited June 2013