As part of a 7 day trip to the UK we decided to base ourselves (a family of three) in Chipping Sodbury for four nights. At Moda House we found a warm welcome from Jo & Duncan who are exquisite hosts and the charm of a three hundred year old house full of character and beautifully kept. We were billeted in rooms 7 (double room) and 4 (single room) with a fantastic view of Chipping Sodbury's main street. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and spacious with period style furniture and great en-suite facilities. WiFi access was welcome and helped with some work issues! The breakfast made from locally sourced produce was freshly cooked and fortified us for the day's activities. Our hosts were extremely gracious to our requests and we thank them. We certainly hope to make a return visit someday.
Chipping Sodbury is a charming town with shops of all shapes and sizes selling everything from bread to loose tea and everything in between. The local information office is manned by volunteers who are fountains of knowledge about the general area and beyond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fine house that retains a homely feel; Duncan and Jo are well-travelled and have filled it with pictures and artefacts from all over the world. Bedrooms differ but all are cosy and well decorated. Breakfast is a truly local feast and will set you up for fabulous walks (Cotswold Way). There's a basement sitting room with comfy armchairs and books. You also have the bustling town to explore with its shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Moda House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moda House Hotel Chipping Sodbury
- Moda House Chipping Sodbury, Cotswolds