“Another 5 star review”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place just ticks all the boxes for me. We had lunch there and started with a salad which was superb, and followed that with a duck lasagne again superb Excellent food topped off with service that lifts the dining experience to a whole new plain. Lagrasse's reputation as one of the prettiest villages in France is richly deserved. The abbaye is worth a visit although much of the contents have gone. Recommended without hesitation.

There are newer reviews for La Petite Maison

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We visited La Petite Maison at lunchtime on a Sunday. It was busy, but we were able to get a table right away. A few groups that arrived after 2.30 were turned away or offered cake rather than lunch.

We both ate off the 18 euro menu. I ordered the chicken lasagne, and my husband had the tarte du jour which came with an enormous salad. Both dishes were excellent. We then had two different fruit crumbles and coffee.

The staff were very friendly, but be ready to be told off if you don't eat everything!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Visited La Grasse en route from Carcassonne...the village and abbaye were beautiful but this little salon du thé was outstanding! Friendly service and the best apple crumble we've ever tasted! A real find!!

1  Thank Meliagante58
Reviewed May 24, 2014

After 12 years in this part of France this was our first visit to Lagrasse. Beautiful countryside and mountain scenery (en route from Maureilhan near Beziers) provide a great background to this charming village. Unless you are very into old buildings and small artisan shops, quite similar in many ways to Pezenas, a couple of hours is enough to see what needs to be seen (at least for me, but then I'm not noted for my patience!) and we thought we'd try one of the restuarants from the 3 or 4 in the Boulevard de la Promenade. Several others were fairly busy with tourists and noisy kids (told you I'm not patient!!) so we chose this one which, at 12.40 was empty and I'm glad we did.

The waitress, a Romanian, could not have been better or more helpful and she speaks excellent English and pretty good French and has a great sense of humour - just check out the coffee blackboard with 'Un cafe' at 7euros or 'Bonjour, un cafe s.v.p.' at 1E50 - with an intermediate at 4.50 euros - we laughed and complimented her on it and said, as I suspected, that the French owner and chef didn't understand. I told her it was a pretty good attempt at 'British humour' so no surprise it didn't ring many bells in France.

Barbara had the lasagne which was different to normal lasagne with chunkier meat instead of the more usual minced meat and an excellent flavour. It comes with a separate, and quite large salad so you need to be hungry to eat it all. I had the warm chicken tart which, frankly, was one of the nicest I've eaten anywhere. Also with a generous salad and, perhaps unusually in this part of France, it came with raw onions which I don't like, but my fault for not saying 'sans oignons'! A bottle of very drinkable local rose washed it all down with some great, crunchy sliced brown bread. Dessert for Barbara was a panacotta with a blackberry coulis, sauce to you and me, and we both agreed it was one of the best we've eaten here in France. Mine was an apple/apricot crumble served at room temperature (good) and with a little whipped cream in a portion size that took a bit of finishing after the tart and salad. With a grand creme coffee and espresso for me the whole bill was just over 50 euros and the service certainly warranted a tip which is not normally expected here. We went on the 23 May and if you are going in June/Aug the trees on the boulevard will give you welcome shade at this restauarant - all in all thorughly enjoyable and fully recommended. 12 Boulevard de la Promenade 11220 Lagrasse 04 68 91 34 09 open 0800-1800 lapetitemaison.adeline@gmail.com

3  Thank John H
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Excellent food and service . Very good canard lasagna and moelleux au chocolate :)
My son adored the lasagna . Very friendly approach .

Been to La Petite Maison? Share your experiences!