Perfect holiday in the best of locations. Truly the perfect place to relax and let the world pass you by. The one bedroom apartment my wife and I stayed in was just the best, the balcony was a gem and listening to the frogs in the evening was something never to be forgotten. We will return.
This was a fabulous apartment with everything we needed and wanted. We were very well looked after before and during our visit. Really comfortable, beautiful position and interior. Will return asap....
This apartment is fantastic - an incredibly beautiful yet comfortable place to stay during a trip to an interesting corner of France. We were well looked after from start to end of our booking - all the help we needed before we went and when we were there. The apartment had everything we needed, and all in good condition. Highly recommended - we'll certainly want to return.
Lagrasse is a pretty village situated conveniently between Carcassonne and the coast. If you have ever wondered what it would be like to live in such a village, then a stay at House la France is the perfect place. A comfortable apartment with some lovely decorative touches. The doors to the bedroom are fantastic. Whatever you want from a holiday this region has it. We visited in June a fantastic time of year to see the wildflowers, which are everywhere, even wild orchids. Around Lagrasse there are some lovely walks. The village has a very good boulengerie and quite a few restaurants. The salon de thé, in particular is very welcoming and has delicious puds. In the evening you can sit on the turret patio with a glass of local wine and listen to nightingales singing.
Beautiful apartment, very comfortable with a lot of decoration tastes which could be especially appreciated be women. The view from the balcony provides feeling like time has been encapsulated in XII century sent to our times. I hope there will be the possibility to visit the place again, willingly with the group of friends
beautifully presented accomodation ,decorated with love and care by the owner Nicole set on the banks of the river that runs through Legrasse, a lovely little village --the area is very interesting historically .
we loved our stay and the people we met
Reasons why I hate to do this:
1. Words could not do the required justice to the quality of the accommodation, the historic building, the beautifully restored and furnished interior and the breathtaking views.
2. It is impossible to express how much I appreciated the welcome, the attention, the introduction to the local area and the holiday management skills of the owner without raising undue suspicions of my wife.
3. This region of France is still so under exploited and under-commercialised that everything is not only authentic but also good value (except Carcassonne :))
4. There is quite honestly no better place than this for a holiday, as a couple, as a family or with friends in all of the Languedoc. If you go there you will never want to leave and I don't want the weight of that responsibility on my shoulders.
5. If this review gives you even the vaguest idea of the quality of our holidays (we went in July and then immediately booked to go back again in September) then you will go there. If you go there when I wanted to go back again I will be heartbroken. Stay away from this house, it's perfect.