“Summer 2016”
other travelers have booked this property
Lagrasse and its 12th century hump-back bridge.
The main double bedroom with mezanine and bathroom. The entrance.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Lagrasse and its 12th century hump-back bridge.
The main double bedroom with mezanine and bathroom.
The entrance.
Relaxing on the top terrace.
Dining through to living.
Our deliciously cool cobbled internal courtyard.
Detail in one of the 3 Bedrooms
Through to the 'French' bedroom. Either an enormous double or 2 singles
One of the en suite bathrooms
The Moroccan styled mezanine can be made into an extra bed.
View from the bridge.
The mediaeval market square. Delicious organic produce available on Saturdays
Volta and Flint will give you a hearty welcome!
Big double Bed option or two singles
Stone sink on Top Terrace
Top Terrace
The 'Beach' By the river's edge at the back of the house
Another shot of the 'Beach
Another angle on the terrace
The view of the hill opposite the top terrace.
One of the many nearby vineyards in full Autumn colour.
Swimming in the river.
As the sun sets over the village........
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6
Lagrasse, Aude, Occitanie

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 59 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Norwegian first
Any
AndyCandl...
“Summer 2016”
Reviewed July 3, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Perfect holiday in the best of locations. Truly the perfect place to relax and let the world pass you by. The one bedroom apartment my wife and I stayed in was just the best, the balcony was a gem and listening to the frogs in the evening was something never to be forgotten. We will return.

Dear both.
I have to say that it was definitely a treat to meet you both and have you stay in the Ramparts and Riverside Apartment. The sound of the frogs in the evening is also something I love and I look forward to listening to it again with you next year in July!
So so glad you want to come back.
judynnn
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 29, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

This was a fabulous apartment with everything we needed and wanted. We were very well looked after before and during our visit. Really comfortable, beautiful position and interior. Will return asap....

Next year I hope!
Thanks so much for your visit and your appreciation. I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to your return visit.
JHNOxford
Oxford
“Nothing to fault”
Reviewed June 22, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

This apartment is fantastic - an incredibly beautiful yet comfortable place to stay during a trip to an interesting corner of France. We were well looked after from start to end of our booking - all the help we needed before we went and when we were there. The apartment had everything we needed, and all in good condition. Highly recommended - we'll certainly want to return.

Jun 24, 2016
Dear JHN
Thanks so very much for taking time to write your review for me.
I very much appreciate your contribution and am delighted that you enjoyed your time in my house and Lagrasse.
The house is soon to be photographed by the renowned photographer Jan Baldwin for a book entitled French Country Houses which will be published next spring by Ryland Peters and Small. It's great news as you can imagine and I still, even after so many years, feel a thrill at the appreciation of my property by others.
Hopefully see you next summer for the Piano Festival En Blanc et Noir in Lagrasse.
Thank you!
Colin J
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Turret with a view”
Reviewed June 10, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Lagrasse is a pretty village situated conveniently between Carcassonne and the coast. If you have ever wondered what it would be like to live in such a village, then a stay at House la France is the perfect place. A comfortable apartment with some lovely decorative touches. The doors to the bedroom are fantastic. Whatever you want from a holiday this region has it. We visited in June a fantastic time of year to see the wildflowers, which are everywhere, even wild orchids. Around Lagrasse there are some lovely walks. The village has a very good boulengerie and quite a few restaurants. The salon de thé, in particular is very welcoming and has delicious puds. In the evening you can sit on the turret patio with a glass of local wine and listen to nightingales singing.

Jun 22, 2016
Dear Colin
Thank you so very much for having taken the time to write about your experience whilst staying in The Ramparts and Riverside Apartment at House La France. It was lovely to have such appreciative guests. You will always be welcome should you fancy a return visit - honestly, I have rarely seen the apartment left so spotless as with you two!
Thank you so very much and best wishes for the remainder of your summer.
Nicole
dariusz24...
Lodz, Poland
“Outstanding vacation”
Reviewed January 12, 2016 for a stay in May 2015

Beautiful apartment, very comfortable with a lot of decoration tastes which could be especially appreciated be women. The view from the balcony provides feeling like time has been encapsulated in XII century sent to our times. I hope there will be the possibility to visit the place again, willingly with the group of friends

Location Service
Traveling group: Family
Sep 29, 2017
Dear darius
That you so much for your thoughts regarding your stay at my property. It's true that Lagrasse somehow seamlessly blends the past and the present time. I think it's one of the special things it has to offer.
I also very much hope you'll return.
Best wishes,
Nicole
denisemod
Byron Bay
“explore france”
Reviewed December 27, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

beautifully presented accomodation ,decorated with love and care by the owner Nicole set on the banks of the river that runs through Legrasse, a lovely little village --the area is very interesting historically .
we loved our stay and the people we met

Dec 31, 2015
Thank You!
Remember you promised to return. I know it's a long way for you but be great to meet again and sadly we missed each other in London last August.
Rik F
Warsaw, Poland
“I hate to do this”
Reviewed December 27, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Reasons why I hate to do this:

1. Words could not do the required justice to the quality of the accommodation, the historic building, the beautifully restored and furnished interior and the breathtaking views.

2. It is impossible to express how much I appreciated the welcome, the attention, the introduction to the local area and the holiday management skills of the owner without raising undue suspicions of my wife.

3. This region of France is still so under exploited and under-commercialised that everything is not only authentic but also good value (except Carcassonne :))

4. There is quite honestly no better place than this for a holiday, as a couple, as a family or with friends in all of the Languedoc. If you go there you will never want to leave and I don't want the weight of that responsibility on my shoulders.

5. If this review gives you even the vaguest idea of the quality of our holidays (we went in July and then immediately booked to go back again in September) then you will go there. If you go there when I wanted to go back again I will be heartbroken. Stay away from this house, it's perfect.

Jul 6, 2016
Oh my word what wonderful words - Thank you SO SO MUCH.
The best news of all is that we are now firm friends and that's the best that can happen when you arrive as guests and leave as friends!
Thank you for being so appreciative and such delightful visitors :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing