“Consistently good food and atmosphere”

Cross Keys Pub & Kitchen
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A​​ wonderful 16th century pub in the quaint village of Great Missenden. Set in the Chiltern Hills this little gem offers great food, sourced from the best local suppliers and is the perfect setting to quench your thirst after exploring the historic village and the picturesque Misbourne Valley.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a warm, welcoming pub with a simple but excellently priced and executed menu. The quality of food is consistently good, as is the service.

On my latest trip (2/8) with an old colleague I had the Steak and Ale Pie which I have to say was one of the best I've ever had - packed with rich, tender steak and all the sides cooked to perfection. My friend's burger looked fantastic too.

The waitress serving us was also incredibly attentive and friendly, a credit to the place, so a great night all round.

1  Thank G B
There are newer reviews for Cross Keys Pub & Kitchen

Reviewed June 14, 2012

The second time we have been during the last three months and AGAIN the meal was a disappointment. Despite re-booking a table upon leaving the first time around, when we arrived for our meal this time, NO booking could be found! When we asked for meals to be placed on hot plates we had a combination of hot meals on cold plates and cold meals on hot plates!!! Get it right.

1  Thank Peter F
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The beer, being Fullers, is excellent, so this pub gets off to a good start. THEN add the fact that it is a 2 minute walk from Great Missenden station and it means the car can be left at home...even better.

Cannot fault it OTHER THAN the whining fan on the kitchen extractor, which is a pain if you want to sit just out the back. Car park is a bit on the small side as well, so just get there early or take the train!!

I have eaten in there on all three trips and cannot fault the food, they are also happy to run a bar tab for me for the "session"

I love it, just wish it was not 30 miles from my home!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good food and great service - what more could you want?

1  Thank Brewersfriend
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I went to The Cross Keys for Sunday lunch with friends. It's a great country pub and exactly what you look for for somewhere to have a leisurely lunch. Warm friendly atmosphere, good menu and really lovely home cooked food at very reasonable prices. Would definitely recommend it.