I've been here several times and the food is consistently of high quality, although the menu is very geared to a dinner experience rather than lunch - they don't really offer any lighter dishes.
Having said that, there is a good choice of food and it is certainly a cut above average pub food.
On our 2 most recent visits, the service has just been a little slower than usual with us having to go to the bar to order drinks whilst eating.
We will continue to go back and it's one of the better eating houses in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA 4 Star Inn with an AA Rosette for Culinary Excellence with recommendations from the Michelin and Hardens Guide.A 15th Century Ivy clad Coaching Inn, beautifully refurbished with Bar, inglenook fireplace, restaurant and bedrooms all with ensuites. Located in the glorious chilterns on the edge of the river Missbourne and close to the historical village of Great Missenden housing the Roald Dahl Museum and the 12th century, Missenden Abbey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Nags Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nags Head Hotel Great Missenden
- The Nags Head Great Missenden, England, UK