My husband and I have always stayed at hotels but during our recent trip to Italy we planned three days in the Puglia area. After looking through travel books we decided to book the Villa Magnolia and venture away from the luxuries of a hotel. What a wonderful surprise, the Villa has all of the amenities of a hotel and yet the privacy and relaxed atmosphere of an private estate. Ron (an American) and Lesley (a Brit) purchased this property five years ago and have labored over renovating, adding and restoring the property.It was a bit hard to find, although it is on a main road, our Garmin navigation did not have it listed. The coordinates are N40*39.379' E017* 45.204' for any future travelers. Many reviewers mentioned pizza night and for my husband and I , we found this to be a very special bonus to our stay. We were able to meet other guests, exchange experiences and appreciate other perspectives. Something we could not experienced staying in a hotel. The salt water pool is open 24/7 , we swam under the moonlight the first evening we arrived. We felt as though it was our estate.
Ron and Lesley are equally interesting to speak to. Ron has spent five years making this property self sustaining, putting in LED lights, water conserving bathroom fixtures, and solar heat ed water. He even has installed a cistern to collect rain water, and grows a variety of food. Conservation and the environment is at the heart of his renovation.
I would highly recommend the Villa Magnolia and don't leave home without your swimsuit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Magnolia, a Noble Villa dating back to the XVIII century. A peaceful retreat, Boutique Hotel, far from urban stress. Accommodation is comprised of 4 extra large ensuite bedrooms with AC. In the grounds is a beautiful roman style salt water swimming pool, temple and sunken Spa. Villa Magnolia is private and exclusive offering all our guests attentive, quality service. Environmentally friendly, Organic food, great wine, healthy lifestyle. Villa Magnolia is the place to relax your mind, pamper your body, replenish your spirit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Villa Magnolia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Magnolia Hotel Carovigno
- Villa Magnolia Italy/Carovigno, Puglia