“An amazing time”

Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Maitland
Phoenix, Arizona
“An amazing time”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

we had a great time. We had never gone river rafting before but this was awesome. Our guide Conner knew the river well and made our trip the highlight of our stay in nova scotia. Add this to your must do list!

Falmouth, Nova Scotia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“SO MUCH FUN!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had an absolute blast doing this! It was a great time - I would definitely do it again. I went out with five friends - we laughed the entire time!

Visited July 2013
Nova Scotia
“Incredibly Fun”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went out with 6 people at the crack of dawn (630am approximately) on Sunday, September 15th, 2013.
Connor knows the waters well and really showed us what the bay can throw at you.
Will have to try this again. Highly enjoyable and by the end you may be worn out and soaking wet, and best of all you will want to do the trip again.

Halifax, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“World Class Attraction”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was part of a group of 8 who went out on the high tides in late August. We are all from Hants County but had never gone out before to "ride the tide". It was a so much fun and exhilarating! Our guide, Conor, knew how hard to push the boat so that those not paying attention would get surprised (usually with a wall of water) or when to give us a break after some big water. I am in my late fifties and in reasonably good shape but I was "bushed" by the time we got back to land. As were the 20 something's who were with us. The day is so much more than just the waves and water. Conor would answer any questions we had but he really taught us a lot about this wonderful river system and how the tides and river bottom turn this into such a world class attraction every day. The River Runners is very well run and I felt very safe (well there were times when the waves got really big and you wondered whether this was a good idea!). We have done white water rafting in the Canmore, Alberta area and this was way more exciting. Give it a try and I am sure that you won't regret it.

Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Family adventure”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently got married and as a treat the 3 sister-in-laws booked an early morning raft trip for the 3 brothers and us (their wives) with the River Runners. We ended up with Keith as our guide and had no real idea what we were to expect.

Keith advised us that we weren't there at the right time for the larger tides and that our ride would be a little tamer than some. Well it certainly blew us away. We had such a fantastic time, the 6 of us haven't giggled and laughed like that since we were kids.

A must do.