“The people at this hotel were really good to me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Torre Varano

Hotel Torre Varano
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gragnano
Hotel Torre Varano
Ranked #2 of 2 Gragnano B&B and Inns
Sheffield, UK
“The people at this hotel were really good to me!”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

This hotel was perfect for my trip. I stayed here because of the low prices, but actually that seemed to only be based on the fact that the decor was a little bit shabby (the bathroom had the most fabulously 70's tiles I've ever seen!), and there's no air conditioning. I don't like air con anyway, so this wasn't even a problem.

This doesn't really seem to be a hotel designed for foreign tourists, but the staff really did their best to help me. I brought the wrong adapter for plugs, so they lent me one for the whole week. I'm vegetarian and a few nights the hotel didn't have a meat free option, so they made one up especially for me! Nobody's English was great, but they tried really hard and I got along fine.

The rooms are lovely. There are brilliant shutters so you don't have to sleep in the light, each room has a lovely balcony, and mine got the sun in the evening which was perfect for me. The view was out over the harbour and really lovely. The hotel pool is beautiful and well kept, and wasn't very busy when I stayed. There's a TV in the room but it doesn't have Sky so it was all in Italian.

I stayed here for a confernce in Castellamare Di Stabia, and the hotel was about 10 minutes walk from the venue, which was on the outskirts. However, the walk wasn't overly pleasant. There's no path on the road, and cars generally don't actually try to run you over, but it's a bit scary, and very dusty! There was 2 routes and although the other was quieter, it was a bit creepy and the roads were surrounded by litter. I think the road to Gragnano was also a bit narrow and had a few blind bends, so over all the hotel isn't in the best location. There's a pizzeria and a lovely restaurant quite close, and a fruit and veg place with very random opening times, but not much else unless you brave the walk!

Over all I really loved staying in this hotel. The lack of air con really helped me get used to the heat and I felt really welcome throughout my stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Clairey83

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gragnano
Grand Hotel Le Zagare
#8 of 15 in Castellammare Di Stabia
Grand Hotel La Sonrisa
Grand Hotel La Sonrisa
#1 of 1 in Sant'Antonio Abate

Been to Hotel Torre Varano? Share your experiences!