- fantastic common areas
- has charm
- big, thereby easy to meet people
- nice mix of guests (nationality, age)
- location, while the town is not big at all, Casa De Felipe is at its upper edge, so the walk to beach and the restaurant-strip is the farthest you'll walk in Taganga. Admittedly only 10-15 minutes.
- hot - while there was a cooling breeze down near the sea each evening, the hostel seems to sit in a bit of a wind-protected area and remains pretty hot at night. I assume staying closer to the breezy area, it would be a bit more bearable at night (in a room without aircon).
- I didn't like the fans installed in our room, small, fast, oscillating - I prefer ceiling ventilators for bedrooms = big, slow, gentle constant breeze.
- the room didn't have glass windows or netting, just wooden slats, which allowed mosquitos in. Not many were present, but 1 or 2 each night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel "La Casa de Felipe" is situated in Taganga, just 15 minutes by bus from Santa Marta. It's located in the upper part of the village, seven minutes walk from the beach. It's ideal for relaxing on the terrace after a day of excursions to Tayrona Park, The Lost City, diving, or on the beach. We offer dormitories, private rooms with private bathroom and studio apartments with fully equipped kitchen facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld and HRS so you can book your La Casa de Felipe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa De Felipe Hotel Taganga