“wonderful”

Octopus Dive Center
Ranked #7 of 17 things to do in Taganga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are dedicated to recreational diving, focused on providing each of our customers complete safety and a personalized service! With a lot of focus and attention to detail for all dives, we promise a great experience. We care about the environment and provide a sevice conscious of ths growing issues. We look to support, attend and involve ourselves in all the activities for the well-being of this fragile eco-system.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Bat Yam, Israel
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

when I started my diving course in Octopus diving center I was pretty scared at the beginning and actually felt that despite my wish to pass 1st level course maybe diving was not for me and more than anything I didnt communicate very well with my first guide who only wanted to make a quick progress but seemed to not realy notice how scared I was. and then Andreas, the manager saw my situation and took matters into his own hands and Im very thankful for that. he took off all the stress I felt underwater and was so patient and clear with his step by step instructions that he made it work and happily I passed this course thanks to him and thanks to Narzo his helper at that time. I highly recommend Octopus as the right choice to take your diving course and if you have the time, which I didnt back then, keep going with more advanced courses as well.

Visited June 2012

Utrecht
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Octopus dive center is excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We checked almost all dive centers in Taganga and we decided to pick Octopus. Why? Octopus has an excellent price-quality balance and great staff. The dive instructors are really nice, up for a joke, take their time to explain things, and most important: they are passionate about diving and the dive sites.

I dived already at world class dive sites like Egypt, Australia and Indonesia. I didn't expect much of Colombia diving. But it is definitely much nicer than I expected! You see a lot of huge moray eels, lobsters, and very diverse coral.

So if you want to dive in Taganga: go with Octopus!

Visited April 2013
Taganga, Colombia
“One of the best experiences of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was my first time diving, so when I arrived to Taganga, I visited all the dive centers to see wich one was the best for me. I talked to Andres at the octopus dive center and I liked the family atmosphere of the place and Andres' frankness about diving in Taganga. So I decided to do my open water there and I will never regret this decision! Andres was a perfect instructor, very fun, taking care of our safety and fun while diving. We saw a lot of animals and reefs and, most of the time, we were very smalls groups so we didn't have to wait for 15 persons to be ready before and after each dive. I did my first class with 1 other student (it's max 2 students for 1 instructor there) and I liked it so much than I decided to do mi advanced too... I hardly recommend this dive center and Andres, my instructor. They shared me their love of diving and it's sure that I will continue diving forever!

Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Laid back atmosphere, professional teacher and good group size”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I just finished our open water course and we had a great experience. Our teacher, Nathalie, was experienced, patient and laughed at all my jokes. We learned alot without even realizing it. Andres, the owner, took all our preocupations seriously and walked us through the shop. The group of dive instructors are a fun loving mix of gringos expats and locals who make you feel part of the gang from the get go. We were not sure that we wanted to spend the cash for this experience, being on a 3 month backpacker budget, but worth every penny. Add an apple or banana, and perhaps a pastry, to the lunch and this dive shop would get a perfect score!

Visited March 2013
Medellin, Colombia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Diving whit octopus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I did my Open Water Course in Octopus Dive Center for a friend recomendation, and he didn´t wrong. The staff, the owner makes you feel like comfortable and secure. The inmmersions were fantastic, all days bring new things, new places and new experiences. You really learn to love dive.
I hope come back as son as I can for my advance.
The center don´t offer options to stay or eat, but allways helps you to find a good place to stay and give you information about the taganga town.
Thank you Andres, Natalia, Ada, Pablo, "way", Capitán, and all the people that makes that experience incredible and very fun.

Visited March 2013