“Unforgettable experience!”

Elemento Outdoor Adventure - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Love Adventure? We are the adventure specialists of Colombia. We run unique eco, community and high adrenaline experiences in the most diverse region on earth. Choose from our core activities of mountain biking, canyoning and vertical jungle trekking mixed in with genuinely fascinating ecological and community experiences. Or create a multi day unlimited adventure package from the top of the Sierra to the bottom of the Caribe adding surfing, freediving, sailing, kitesurfing, paintball, climbing, sport fishing, survival tours and off-road motorcycling. What are you waiting for? Live the dream with Elemento!
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettable experience!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

One of the most memorable times I had throughout my stay in Colombia. My friends and I did the El Dorado 2-day tour with our awesome and energetic tour guide, Adrian. Climbing Sierra Nevada, meeting the different locals/people, and having awe-inspiring views of the Santa Marta region was unlike anything I’ve ever done before—it was just surreal.

The downhill biking part was kind of tricky (we were mostly beginners), but we managed to pull through and have just enough time to experience the coffee finca and waterfall along the way. I’d definitely recommend Elemento to anyone at any level of experience!!

Thanks Elemento! :)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Elio88

Medellin, Colombia
“great experience!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great guides, amazing views from the Sierra Nevada, very satisfying activity!
The best outdoor activity to do in Taganga. If you´re tired from lying on the beach all day you should consider this activity to add some adrenaline to your traveling.

Visited July 2013
“poorly organized, terrible bikes, bad attitude from owners”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The owner of the business sold me the El Dorado adventure explaining it was very popular and the highlight of his tours. Our guide Adrian was enthusiastic about 2 things, bikes and pedi cabbing.
The tour of the coffee farm was a laugh, it's a guy squatting on the side of a mountain living under a sheet of roofing iron with about 100 coffee plants.
The accommodation was basic but comfortable, the evening meal left a lot to be desired.
The real disappointment came with the downhill bike riding. I paid extra to do a more advanced track. However the tour guide who arrived to take me didn't have any repair gear for the bikes meaning we had to do another track for beginners. The safety pads also didn't fit properly.
After along hold up of nearly 2 hours because the other tour guide didn't follow the agreed plan and meet us at the designated place we completed the half hour ride. In the process the chain broke on my bike so to his credit my new tour guide Aaron gave me his bike and rode mine down with no chain.
I then spent another 30 minutes riding along the road on my own to try and find the rest of the group.

When we got back to the office and the owner heard how the trip went and the problems we had he replied "sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for understanding things go wrong, have you got that extra money you owe us". I had explained I only had US currency at the time of the ride, so gave them that before we went, with the agreement I would get it changed upon my return. Tom however said I could not take the money and change it, instead he gave me a really poor exchange rate and demanded more cash from me. Not only that, but I then had to go to the surrounding businesses and ask for change because he didn't have any.

It is sad to see people like this use the environment and beautiful country to rip other people off. I would recommend anyone looking at doing this tour to not bother, simply enjoy Tyrona park, it's better than all we saw on the tour, and wait to go home and bike ride, it would be a cheaper and better experience.

Visited June 2013
Elemento Outdoo... A, Owner at Elemento Outdoor Adventure - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hey man, I met you after the tour and we spoke about everything at length. Apart from the guide Adrian who took the other guides Aaron's tools you told me you had an amazing time so I was very surprised and saddened to see this comment. However it is highly unfortunate the way Adrian behaved on this tour and I was very upset with him, rest assured that was his last one with Elemento so you can rest assured this will not happen again - I apologise whole heartedly for the fact you were not able to do the more extreme downhill.

The cost of this tour is the same regardless of which side of the mountain you come down and the easier descent actually has more in the way of activities.

I apologise but I could not let you leave the shop with the dollar money as that would have left us with nothing in terms of security or cash to cover the expenses of the tour. I don't think it is unreasonable to charge commission to change the cash as we have to take transport into Santa Marta, take the risk of it all getting stolen and the rate there is not favourable either. There is a cash machine round the corner and we accept online credit card payments neither of which were suitable for you either.

The coffee tour is loved by all other clients. They are amazed that this guy lives and breathes his coffee. He actually has 3000 plants on his one hectare farm and he works the land organically and by hand. He does the whole process himself and even carries the coffee 20km by foot down the mountain to sell directly.

The food at La Cumbre is simple, hearty campesino fayre. The isolated location of the farm means that it is difficult to bring much ingredients in, but this also means most things you eat are produced within eyeshot which all of our other clients absolutely love.

We never rip people off and pride ourselves on the honesty and excellent value of our tours. We support the local community and employ and train many Colombians. You only had the minimum three péople on your tour which means only the costs are covered, there is no profit to speak of.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of Colombia and were able to have a more positive experience elsewhere.
Seattle, Washington
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Balls out!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Swung by and chatted with Adrian and a couple other staff members about what they had to offer. They were so excited about the trails that I got all excited and was ready to rampage down the mountain with them!!! So the next day we met up, loaded the gear and rallied up the mountain to the drop point. They have this land cruiser or patrol outfitted with a seat on the roof. It's pretty exciting to ride on the roof of a truck going up a mountain.

There were two Colombian downhill pros that road with us. They were far better riders, I gave it the college try to keep up. We road Clockwork Orange. It was a couple hours of fast downhill through rivers and past farms.

I had a really good time and only face planted once. Would not hesitate to go again!

Visited May 2013
here there and everywhere.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Just the type of tour I needed.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Elemento tours in Taganga provides various excursions in the surrounding area which can include hiking, biking, climbing, etc. They offer one day tours as well as overnights to various mountains in the Sierra Nevada and some with view of the snow capped mountains in the distance. I did the one day minca downhill which included various stops along the way to a coffee finca and waterfalls. Very professionally run organization. Using a mix of gringo and local guides who are well trained, experienced and make you feel comfortable and safe. It is well worth taking a tour with Elemento when you are in town. You pay for what you get and although it can seem a bit pricey (vs laying on the beach all day), when you factor in transport and equipment and lunches and insurance and all that good stuff, the value for money is there. Cant put a price on once in a lifetime fun. Well done Elemento!

Visited April 2013