“Amazing...”

Elemento Outdoor Adventure - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Love Adventure? We are the adventure specialists of Colombia. We run unique eco, community and high adrenaline experiences in the most diverse region on earth. Choose from our core activities of mountain biking, canyoning and vertical jungle trekking mixed in with genuinely fascinating ecological and community experiences. Or create a multi day unlimited adventure package from the top of the Sierra to the bottom of the Caribe adding surfing, freediving, sailing, kitesurfing, paintball, climbing, sport fishing, survival tours and off-road motorcycling. What are you waiting for? Live the dream with Elemento!
Fort Worth, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My journey with Elemento Outdoor Adventure was simply amazing! Four days in the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains, and Tayrona beach, has restored my spirit! It's difficult to find the words to describe the experience. Do yourself a favor, and go see it for yourself! The people at Elemento will take you places you have only dreamed about. Dense rain forest jungle, wildlife sanctuary, ancient indigenous civilizations, para-military trails, working cattle farms, mountain top shangri-la retreats, beautiful waterfalls, museum quality coffee plantations, pristine gorgeous beaches, and did I mention, downhill MOUNTAIN BIKING!!! Every day is a new, and awe-inspiring experience. You will meet warm, friendly local people, and have amazing home cooked meals. Tom, Claudia, Alfonso, Miguel, Thomas, Paul, and all the people at Elemento are fantastic! Friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable! So, right now, I'm drinking coffee from La Victoria plantation, sweetened with honey from Oscars retreat...re-living my adventure...Oh man, I cant wait to go back!!!

Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best MTB ride Ive done!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I love mountain biking, I've ridden in Australia, New Zealand, Bali, Thailand and now Colombia. The EPIC 2 day ride I did with Elemento was the best ride I've done! Absolute must if you like to ride!

We got to ride a brand new track "The Dark Side" and bunch of other really cool trails. I highly recommend it!

Taganga, Colombia
“Thank you Universe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

You know that feeling you get where you are EXACTLY where you are supposed to be and everything has been lined up so perfectly and so easily you can't say no to this gift? At the risk of sounding a little space cadet THAT IS what happened.
I was in Colombia to experience the Carnival Festival in Barranquilla. Through conversations with other travelers and locals i heard of this little fishing village at the edge of the mountains called Taganga. Driving into the village i knew something special was in store for me.
After checking into the Casa de Higo hostel. i made straight shot for the beach and a pretty little blue something stopped me in my tracks. Completely out of place in this third world country was a top of the line Mountain bike. I HAD to see what someone was thinking bringing that here. That is when i found Elemento.
The moment i walked into this quaint little shop i could feel the playful energy. Tom asked if i wanted to see a cool video that BLEW my mind away. Epic Downhill Mountain bike awesomeness. Just what i had been hoping for being so close to the mountains. i asked him to sign me up ASAP.

We rode the most technical of the trails. " CLOCK WORK ORANGE" and what an adventure that was. Best day of my life. I met an orange farmer who has worked there for 30 years, a coffee maker that takes half an hour to brew coffee soo tasty you can feel the love, a pink flip flop wearing gentleman that rides 3 hours up hill with pink flip flops and perfectly slicked back hair. The sights are tooo magical for words.
and for any of you hardcore mountain bikers. Tom wrecks shop on his trails. he wont slow you down, but he's kind enough to speed ahead and catch some cool action shots.
the beauty of elemento is they have an adventure for everyone. weather you are hardcore or just want to chill in some water falls and tour coffee farms. or take 3 day treks in the mountains it's there and tom and his crew want to go explore with you.
i cant wait to go back and explore "the dark side" a 35k decent from 2200m up to sea level!!!
All the best wishes Tom and Elemento thanks for the love!
-Adrian Nunez
denton, tx

Visited February 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Epic Mountainbiking in Colombia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I did a two days tour with Tom, the owner of Elemento. We were a group of 4. Two clients a training guide and Tom. We rode the trails which Tom had discovered. They range from technical challenging singletrail over narrow and fast former paramilitary tracks to easy to ride beautiful dirtroads. All tracks run through beautiful landscape. Having done the two day trip added a great extra to my Colombia experience. And I can recommend it to everyone who feels a little bit passionate about Mountainbiking.

Comments to the bikes:
Despite the fact that bike equipment and spare parts are rare in Colombia, Elemento still manages to offer a reasonable bike fleet. I used a hardtail and it did its job.

Hudson, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Thing You Can Do In Colombia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband, my brother-in-law and his girlfriend all traveled to Colombia together for nine days and our hiking/mountain biking tour with Elemento was by far the absolute best thing we did. Tom, Miguel, Alfonso, and Paul were all the best guides--full of information, fun, and great company. They take the time to correspond with you personally when setting up tours to customize an itinerary that is perfectly fit for your interest and activity level.

The personal relationships these guides have with actual residents in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountains allows them to take you through places you would never have the opportunity to experience otherwise. The views (even on a cloudy day) are breathtaking and the home-cooked food is delicious. We really got a feel for an authentic, sustainable and refreshingly simple Colombian lifestyle.

This is a MUST do!!