“the salad was just ok”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“the salad was just ok”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

A starving vegetarian might find solace in the Ensalada de vegetales Bitacora, but I wasn't impressed. I came here upon recommendation of a friend. The salad is a load of veggies but not very coherent as a salad. Tomato, cucumber, yellow squash, avocado, canned corn, canned mushrooms, 2 slices of cheese (possible mozz), green olives, topped with grated parm cheese over a bed of chopped lettuce and red cabbage. The tangy dressing that's mixed in barely brings all these things together and becomes a bit overwhelming at the end. The only redeeming element was the few bits of eggplant, thinly sliced and fried and full of delicious flavor. I could eat a lot of these. I would go back to try another dish, but IMO the salad is a meh.

Service was fast and friendly when I visited around mid-day, mid-week. Coffee was alright. Decent and a nice contrast to the super sweet brew sold by the street coffee ladies.

• Visited December 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Diverse type of food and good service”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

taganga is famous for its fish and seafood, but if you want to try some variety and international cuisine Bitacora is the perfect place. They servemany kingds of foods and price is all right, not really expensive. TRy the 'jugos'! they are amazing!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bea_7seas
Melbourne, Australia
“Muy rico”
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I was recommended Bitacora by a fellow traveller who had already been to taganga. I was not disappointed!
All our food was great! I had a Robalo (to myself) it was delicious. Well worth the wait. I tried my friends beef dish too. Also very tasty! The service was a bit rubbish but I'd be happy to endure that again!

1 Thank peeet77
Enschede, Overijssel, Netherlands
“Great value”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Very, very good food for the money. Try the vegetables, really good after a lot of rice and chicken. The postre of the day is also nice!

Visited June 2012
Laguna Beach, California
“Lots of food”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The food here is really good, but the portions are big! I shared the roblado with my sister- it was delicious and enough for 2 people. I ate here a few different times, and everything my party ordered was enjoyed.

Visited June 2012