“Cheap lunch”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have passed this place many times and never went in, I think mainly due to being put off by the exterior. Finally gave in and decided to drop in for their 3 course lunch. The starter was good, but then again I don't think you can go wrong with chicken noodle soup. The main meal I thought was lovely (I had chicken and mushroom with fried rice) but my partner thought hers (chicken fried rice) was too salty. Once agin the pudding was mixed: my partner said her banana fritters her great, whereas my custard and apple pie was weird. The custard was almost a fluorescent yellow colour and tasted like watered down packet custard and the apple pie was from a packet.

The service was great and yes it could probably do with a make over. Would I go back, probably yes but I would defiantly avoid the custard.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Been a few times now and recommend you give it a try. On all occasions the food was lovely' hot and very tasty. Always busy and the staff are great, especially with the children. We celebrated two birthdays in the last month with a meal in the Pak Yee and the extra mile of effort that was put in was heart warming. First class with my Grandson and his wee friend (especially the Granny :)) Needs an update in decor but as a fussy person, I have no hesitation in recommending it. Lunchtime was just as good as evening.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I will NEVER eat in this establishment again. It cannot be classed as a restaurant, simply a takeaway with a seating area. The place has never been deorated in 30 years and i feel it is loosing out on a great opportunity to increase it's foot fall. If they invested in some chic decor they would be on to a winner instead of having to rely on the £5 lunch brigade. Shame, Shame, Shame!

3  Thank Suzy1005
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Staff where rude and unhelpful. the meal was terrible. we were rushed in and out. the food was cold and i asked for a little gravy and got a full plate full season veg right then 2 brussles and carrots and a teaspoon of peas.

5  Thank joann198225
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nothing fancy but does what it says on the tin and also has an inexpensive set menu and also does set lunches.

2  Thank motherwellgirl