“Best Indian Restaurant in Scotland”
Review of Cafe Shabab

Cafe Shabab
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Wishaw
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Having worked in both Glasgow and Edinburgh I've tried most of the Indian Restaurants. Cafe Shabab is the best by a long way. The food is great and there is a very extensive menu. Wiaters and bar staf are so attentive. A great eating experience and why we go so often!! Give it a try and I'm sure you will enjoy. It's the carse famliy's second kitchen and no need to do any dishes. Keep up your high standards.

David and Sandra Carse.

7  Thank David C

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've been here several times over the last few months (whilst enjoying the delights of Wishaw) & have always found it pleasant. Staff are friendly & food is decent. Always good that they'll tweek a dish for you & they've been happy to do this for myself & friends on more than one occasion. On my most recent visit last Friday we were befriended by a waiter we hadn't seen before. He was very helpful & chatty. No problems so far. However, when the bill arrived for £40.25 I put down £50 not having change, quite happy to leave a reasonable tip (amount to be decided by myself, as is usually the custom I believe) for the positive experience. Our new friend took away the money. Strangely, the change did not arrive at our table. We waited a while longer, alas in vain. Eventually I quietly mentioned to another waiter (our great friend had moved on to pastures new, or so it seemed) that we were still waiting for our change, whereupon it was swiftly brought to our table. The cheek of of this individual, to firstly believe that we would pay for his company, & secondly that he would, without any indication from us, simply pocket a 25% (£9.75) tip - which I imagine is actually theft. Needless to say, Cafe Shabab has now lost 2 (regularish) customers who will take their money (yes, their money!) elsewhere. Shame.

1  Thank Patchesonelbows
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just left with a few friends. All thought over meal and waiter was great. Would recommend to anyone !!!!

6  Thank K_Masih
Reviewed November 25, 2012

in for a meal with the wife on Saturday. taken to our table given menu drinks arrived food can't say anything bad great service food can't fault it in anyway. 5 stars great as usual.

8  Thank bonkly
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Go there every two weeks and food and service are excellent. The chicken tikka is one of the best I have tried also lamb boohna

8  Thank aned