“poor pool”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Wishaw Sports Centre
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have only ever used the pool at Wishaw Sports Centre and cannot comment on the other parts of this centre. Parking good. Entrance to centre,a bit grubby, cigarette ends everywhere. Reception is OK staff usually nice but some can get short tempered when centre is busy. The changing rooms are good now they have been refurbished but still have dirty ceiling tiles. The showers are OK but a bit tired and grubby. The pool needs a good clean, when swiming it looks like sand on the bottom in some areas! On leaving the pool it was difficult to get dried in the changing area because of the humidity, it did not look like there was any ventilation in the changing area and it felt clammy. Cafe not big on choice. Some improvements have been made in the last year but just needs more work to finnish the job.

1  Thank robcScotland
"pitches"
"exercise"
"equipment"

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I work in the wishaw area and joined the gym at wishaw sports centre. My first week there the place was closed due to a legionnaires break out in the water system !!!!! I continued going to the gym which is very small and sometimes very busy so getting onto machines can be very difficult, and when you go upstairs to the weights again its small and usually there are guys there weightlifting and dont give you a chance to use the machines. I was advised to try ravenscraig gym and foud such a great difference, its big and roomy, fresh and up to date and you will always get on a machine. Wishaws ok but nothing compared to others round the area !!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Does anyone here think that BethanyJC is a little bias and knows a little too much about the facility detailing certain aspects finely.

6  Thank TheGrinch666
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Having been a loyal user of Wishaw Sports Centre for 6 years now it gives me great pleasure to finally be able to sing the praises of the centre. I have been coming swimming for many years and have never really had any complaints about the quality of the product but the recent introduction of the restructured pool timetable has only enhanced my experience. Whilst using the health suite facilities i have overheard many moans and groans about the lack of free swimming time but as a keen swimmer i enjoy the extra order that the lanes provide.

That being said there are a few things that could be done to improve the experience on the whole. Ignoring the recent Legionnaires rumours surrounding the centre, it seems that management have taken no major steps in improving the cleanliness standards. The vent visible from the pool is disgusting. Surely this should have been taken care of by now? Instead money is being poured into areas that do not need the work as much. After such a major scare you would think that this would be a major priority?

I don't know if the dirtiness of the changing area and health suite is a result of the staff not taking care of the facilities or that the facilities are just that old that the staff have no real chance of keeping up with the mess but with the recent improvements being made to the changing areas I can only hope the health suite is on the agenda soon too. Although having looked at the plans for the new changing rooms I have to say i am not impressed with the proposed lack of individual changing cubicles, but that may be nitpicking.

Overall i do enjoy my visits to Wishaw Sports Centre. I feel more at home there than i have done on my rare visits to other centres. I feel a rapport with certain members of staff who are always pleasant and welcoming towards me but while I feel that although there are many positives, there are some problems that need to be addressed

See more reviews
Reviewed March 18, 2012

As a PE teacher of over 27 years experience and a 'local boy' if you will. I have been a user but not always a member of the facility and I have had much experience in using the facility with-in and with-out of my working life. I cannot help but defend the facility.

wee_gasz the Jacuzzi comes on every 18 minutes, for 18 minutes. There's 4 showers. The wee hole to put the water in doesn't work anymore since the new tiles where put in. It is non laned from about 4 hours a day. The lifeguards are there to watch the pool I thought this an obvious conclusion to come to as they are the safety net of the customers.

BethanyJC I feel you're review is more like what the facility has to offer rather than what its like. There is no stance on a positive or negative review.

Me personally, I feel that the facilities best quality is that they never ever close. Last winter when on one could go to work they were open even when car's where being pushed out of the car park the facility was kept open. I don't know if this is down to the staffs determination to keep working for what I believe is a dyeing building, although i thought it would be close because of the distance the staff need to travel.
In a more critical view of the facility I have to take a shot at the disgusting state of the pool seating area, which leaves much to be desired of. The drip in the main hall that's been dripping for over 2 years, also how cold the back changing rooms are, especially when kids have to use them. Unlike Bethany I do use the swimming facilities and I can say that the 'heath suite' is appalling and I was under no illusion that the as of late the work men have been in the building while the public are mere feet away with absolutely no ear protection, while they drill, this I have major concern for the users and the staff as when I asked about the situation they could only tell me that they can't ask there manager due to him not caring what there opinion was.

Overall I would have to say they facilities are nothing to shout about but they are adequate, for the area and standard of users from these areas.