“Excellent hotel, will definately be back. Brilliant *****”

The Commercial Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Wishaw B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at the Commercial for 2 nights last week due to my Dad passing away. We arrived on the Sunday evening and had more family arriving on the monday morning. the staff were absolutely brilliant in sorting everything out for us. rearranging rooms and accomodating anything we needed. The rooms were spotless and had plenty of fresh towels and toiletries, ample tea/coffee and biscuits etc, breakfast was lovely, made fresh to order. You could hear the music from the bar on the first floor in the evening but it was turned down at midnight so didnt bother us at all. We had the wake(family get together) in the bar of the commercial and again the staff were brilliant. the food was of excellent quality very reasonably priced per head. We will definetaly be back to stay at the commercial in the future and will recommend to everyone. I would like to come when the club is open too. I would like to thank all the staff for making a very sad time more bearable and easier. you were all smiling and friendly and the housekeepers also, thank you from all the family.

Room Tip: all rooms were very good *****
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank disimo

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed 7/8/12. This is a good location if you in the area for business. Wishaw is not a tourist site! Please don't book this hotel with your partner for a romantic stay!! My room at the hotel very good, the staff were excellent. I'm more than happy to return...
TOP TIP! Before I booked, I made sure it was NOT when the Commercial Hotel has one of it's Disco nights (see their website). So my advice is very much based on a NON Disco night. Unless this is what you want?

Room Tip: Top floor at back.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights and hope to stay there again soon. Staff are warm and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are modern, comfortable and the whole place is spotlessly clean. Breakfast is amazing with great choice of cereals, porridge or full scottish breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel and have no hesitation to say that im sure you wont be disapointed as the staff will make sure of it !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WMcSuffolkEngland
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I booked a room on behalf of my daughter, who had spent the weekend at T in The Park . From the minute I booked the room , the receptionist rang me to reassure me that even though my daughter was likely to check in as late as 12am , it was not a problem and she arranged for the keys to be left with a member of the bar staff . When my daughter arrived she was over the moon with the room, it was of a high standard and better than she had expected, especially at such a reasonable price. This is a hotel that we plan to use again and would recommend it to anyone who is visiting Glasgow

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We just happened on to this "gem" of a hotel. We were visiting Edinburgh and were not aware of the Edinburgh Film Festival and the Highland Show. No rooms to be had anywhere within 30 miles of Edinburgh. We found this hotel from our GPS in our car and what a great stay we had. We spent two nights here and traveled back and forth to Edinburgh. We were traveling with my parents, so we rented 2 rooms both nights. Spotless rooms with very nice bathrooms. Nice staff, the night manager, Paul, showed us to our rooms and was very helpful with anything we needed. Lovely appointed rooms, this owner knows how to make travelers happy. Great Scottish breakfast and we didn't mind eating it in the bar, lovely woodwork and nice windows. Cleaning ladies kept everything spotless! Would highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed in the commercial for three days and the staff where excellent, I have been in the service trade for a long time and have stayed in hotels all over the world and I could not fault this hotel and bar in anyway, my hotel when back in whishaw,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night and whilst the room had recently been refurbished there are a number of oddities about the "hotel".
This is really a pub with rooms and visitors should be aware of this especially if travelling with kids.
Downstairs is one large public bar with "checkin" tucked away in the corner. To get to the rooms you have to leave the pub and go around the side of the door to a seperate locked entrance. A flight of stairs takes you to the bedrooms (note no disabled access). Mine was fine, if a little small and completely dominated by the flatscreen tv.
Breakfast was served at one end of the public bar an was interrupted by the cleaner mopping the bar floor leaving an inevitable pungent odour of disinfectant.
For families this hotel would be a challenge as there is no lounge etc with the only communal space being the public bar.
Everything was clean and good value but I should not be comfortable here with a family or if a single woman.
Mind you there is not a lot of choice in Wishaw.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is dark and quieter unless you are above the beer garden. The front looks over th...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Commercial Hotel? Share your experiences!