“Truly Disgraceful”

Add it.
Golden Inn
Ranked #26 of 40 Restaurants in Wishaw
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We ordered from this restaurant through Just Eat, we ordered at 5.20pm and were given a delivery time of 6.20pm. We have used Just Eat several times before and the majority of restaurants deliver within the time given. By 6.40pm our food had still not arrived so I contacted the restaurant to check if it was on it's way & I was told by the female who answered the phone that the driver was already on his way with our order. I thanked the lady and waited for the door to go......7 O'clock came and the order had STILL not arrived. I called the restaurant again and the woman advised that she would call the driver to find out where he was and then call me back. She never called back! 15 minutes late 7:15pm the driver turned up with our food. His immediate words to us were not sorry we're late but "it's Just Eat's fault because it takes 40 minutes for them to give us the order". When we opened the bags and began serving the food we noticed there were items missing from our order, we also noticed the food was cold and that it had been microwaved as the polystyrene container my food had come in had melted and bent out of shape but not doe to the heat of the food! We contacted the restaurant again and the woman said she knew there were missing items from our order and we should speak to the manager to complain. The manager was apparently the man who had delivered the food. he came back a bit later with the missing items and my husband said he wanted a refund to which he was told that we would have to give him back the food. I am heavily pregnant and we have a young son, we had waited SO LONG for this food that we could wait no longer so refused to return the food. The manager refused to apologise or to offer a refund, so we took the matter up with Just Eat. The Manager was so rude he even hung up on the manager from Just Eat several times. I would advise anyone looking for a good takeaway in Wishaw to go elsewhere.

4  Thank Feebleeona

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Friendly staff!! Delicious ice cream and hot, made to order pizza.