“Excellent”

Cromasaig Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinlochewe
Cromasaig Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Kinlochewe B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Pre-booked one night stay as part of hill walking trip in area, wish we had booked for longer! Warm welcome from Tom & Liz, friendly conversation with helpful information on hills and locality. Nice location, cosy lounge to relax with wood burning stove and great selection of books, clean comfortable room, good facilities, tasty breakfast and packed lunch fit for a long days walk in the hills. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank John L

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed with Liz and Tom for 8 days in Sept 2012. They are both extremely knowledgeable about their area, experts on the outdoors and mountains, bird- and wildlife surrounding their immaculate B&B, involved in everything locally it seems, and have opinions to share on most things. Take these with a pinch of salt and you won't be disappointed, nor disappoint them - I got the feeling Tom encourages a verbal challenge, and sparks off (very mild and injury-free) winding up of some guests. The pair couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Stay here and eat well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank winerwalker
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Give this accommodaiton the thumbs up. I stayed here a couple of nights in August and the owners are friendly and welcoming. My room was spacious, clean and comfortable, which is by far and away the main thing. My only comment would be that the option of having breakfast a little later would have been nice, and local black pudding and sausages would be preferred when visiting the Highlands. Other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I am surprised by the man who writes that Americans would not be welcome here. I am American and I met Tom and Liz while they were out walking dogs and while I was a wee bit lost on the trail to Kinlochewe. They not only pointed me in the right direction, but offered a cold beverage to help me on my way into town. I had no need to go further, as I was provided a lovely comfortable room with none of the usual "single supplement" charged by many others, offered use of laundry, clothes line for airing out sleeping bag. I could not have asked for more in the way of a warm welcome and friendly conversation, not to mention the details that a long distance walker treasures more than anything: a few clean clothes to hit the trail with once again. I will not forget Cromasaig, nor Tom and Liz's kindness, and hope to return again very soon.

Room Tip: If you are solo traveler, there is no extra singles supplement for a room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank fiddlerfan
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Tom an Liz were very friendly and the house is warm an comfortable. The woodburner was lit to make us comfortable for the evening and it was smashing. We were too late to book one of the home cooked meals so went into the village to the Whistle Stop, for an excellent meal. |I was sorry not to be staying longer. Oh, and a yummy breakfast.

Room Tip: The bathrooms are not ensuite, but are just a few steps along the landing, one for each room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank purplegoffer
Reviewed June 5, 2011

In all we've stayed at Cromasaig 6 or 7 times over the last 10 years usually for between 3 and 5 nights. We have always been made very welcome and every comfort has been provided. It very much feels like going home. Tom and Liz Forrest are both interesting and caring hosts who encourage their visitors to enjoy the outstanding locality provided in this breathtaking corner of the World. They are knowledgeable ablout the environment and the best places to visit in all weathers. Our most recent trip saw us observing Sea Eagles at Shieldaig advised by Tom as to their accurate location and with excellent loaned equipment to enhance the expeiience. One of the most enjoyabe experiences is mealtimes. The food is very good using the best of local produce (and if lucky one of Tom's special salads). Everyone sits down together meaning lively, inspirational conversation and discussion with lashings of good humour arises quickly between guests and hosts alike. Cromasaig is a very special place!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Into_the_Blue
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I booked to stay at this B&B as it looked nice and took dogs. Little did I know how homaphobic the owners are. They state that they are very friendly and welcoming. Initially after the frist confirmation email that we had successfuly booked a room I was asked the name of my husband and dog. In my reply I advised i was coming with my civil partner (wife) and that we were married 4 years. I then received an email telling me to refrain from calling my partner my wife and that marriage was only between man and woman. This is a very discriminatory statement and in fact I am saddened by this attitude. We will not be staying there and I would advise anyone of any diversity from what they think is normal NOT to stay there.

Stayed: October 2010
166  Thank Maz025

Been to Cromasaig Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!