“Cook your own food”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice on our recent holiday, the first visit we had the tuna and prawns etc but noticed a few tables who were cooking their own meat and fish at the table on a hot stone. It looked so good that we came back a couple of nights later to try it for ourselves. We were not disappointed, we both had the fish dish which included about 6 pieces of fish and a huge prawn. The whole experience of cooking your own food at the table was great and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.
The staff were pleasant and friendly, although be prepared to wait for a table if eating after 8.00pm as it is a very popular place.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great barbecued meat and the pizzas and pasta was also great.
A lot of the meat dishes come with black beans, they taste fantastic.
I would definately recommend booking in high season.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Don't pass it by. Just go in. You won't be sorry. The food is top quality. This is our third holiday to Cabanas but only our first visit here. We plan to go again for our last night too. Why we didn't go in before this I don't know but I'm sorry now that we didn't. I decided not to review all of the restaurants that we visited in Cabanas or in Tavira this year and to give a recommendation just one. This is it.

We had pork, grilled prawns and steak on the stone. My youngest, who loves burgers but is very fussy about them was finished first. We had no starters or deserts. We literally couldn't move after the main courses. What a meal! it was all down to the excellent quality of the meat - especially my own steak. My wife said that she had never eaten pork as nice. My other daughter didn't say much until she was finished with a veritable tower of prawns. Amazing stuff!

I have to comment on the waiter service too. It was First Class. This might look like someone's back yard, but the waiters would not be out of place in a top class more up-market looking establishment. They were so conscientious, so thorough and so helpful at all times with everybody around us. Our waiter's recommendation of the red wine for the meat was just gorgeous. A small house white was delicious with the prawns. Well done folks - 100% service and food.

There are plenty of nice places to eat around here but don't pass this place by. Include it early on your trip and you might well end up going back. We will.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am in love with Steak on a Stone at this restaurant. Costing 19 euros, you get a plate full of salad and chips and then this hot stone where you cook your meat, smothering either in parsley butter or garlic butter (or both). There was masses of food.. and not one scrap of waste on the meat.. utterly gorgeous and I was stuffed for the rest of the evening and part of the following day!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate here twice, the food was very good, although the menu it limited. However in saying that the cod fish I had on our last night was the best I have had. It was so tasty and was solid fish. All the food is cooked on the outside grill.

However, We were informed that this restaurant is only open for 3 to 3 1/2 month of the year, June July August, and part September. Then the owner shuts up shop till the next year.

1  Thank Kim H