“Really pleased - well done”
Review of Sabores da Ria

Sabores da Ria
Reserve with
Sabores da Ria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Cabanas
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stunning view over the river (Ria Formosa) Special meals by pre-order:Cataplanas, Octopus with sweet potatos, Seafood-rice, Salmon filet with rosemary sauce, Fried prawns in batter beer, Shepherds pie, Mixed fisherman's seafood buffet (shrimps, oysters, crabs, welks, prawns, razor clams, mussels)
Almancil, Portugal
“Really pleased - well done”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

A friend of mine has been to this restaurant for years and always recommended it.

We had some family over and we were in Cabanas so we decided to stay and eat.

2 of our party had the mixed fish which was great and lots of it.

Myself and my daughter had the prawn curry which was excellent.

Good service, good food, good wine, good price!!

What more do you need?

Have read some of the negative reviews and as a local I must say they should have gone to McDonalds as this is a perfect example of a Portuguese fish restaurant.

Well done!!

• Czech first
  • Polish first
stockport
“stunning”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The reviews of this restaurant are all true . You must book a table on the outside balcony and order the fish or steak on a stone. Staff are amazing and the views to be enjoyed

Visited July 2014
2 Thank johnnywhitts
Cork, Ireland
“Have not been served Instant Mash since my granny made it in the 1970's!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I visited this restaurant on my first night in Cabana's and have to say it was my worst dining experience of my holiday. The service was terrible so much so that after 15min waiting for somebody to come near us we had to go to the counter and ask for our bill. At this stage we were still hungry as I could not finish the fish pie that was presented to me. It was a pool of instant mash with very little fish. Absolutely disgusting. Nobody came and asked if our meal was OK.
One of my friends had Lamb Shank which was fine but this was served with frozen or tinned vegetables.
I expect to get fresh vegetables & potatoes in restaurants. Perhaps my expectations are too high Mr Manager?

P.S. I should have read the terrible & poor reviews on this site before I visited. My mistake.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank taocrasorm
Chester, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Went last night and had mixed fish it was lovely lots of different types of grilled fish and it kept on coming ! So good booked again for Friday

• Visited July 2014
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“The Best Fish for Many Years”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Having not been back for Portugal for many years I had forgotten how good their fish can be. We booked for an evening meal at Sabores da Ria and the service was excellent. They recommended the prawns as a starter, and we also ordered sardines. The prawns were sublime. They were beautifully tender and so full of flavour, and i lightly spiced sauce. They were fantastic and were definitely the best prawns I had eaten in the last 20 years. The sardines were a lot simpler but also lovely. Our main courses of Tuna and Salmon Linguine were excellent.
It was so good that we went back a couple of days later and had an equally great meal. The decor is rather at odds with the quality of the food, and suited the laid-back nature of the holiday traffic. Superb!

• Visited June 2014