“Delicious! I wish I could take this restaurant home!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sabores da Ria

Sabores da Ria
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Cabanas
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Stunning view over the river (Ria Formosa) Special meals by pre-order:Cataplanas, Octopus with sweet potatos, Seafood-rice, Salmon filet with rosemary sauce, Fried prawns in batter beer, Shepherds pie, Mixed fisherman's seafood buffet (shrimps, oysters, crabs, welks, prawns, razor clams, mussels)
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious! I wish I could take this restaurant home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had olives, tuna pate, queijo fresco with chutney and breads to start. I had the prawn curry (I ordered hot, as I was allowed to choose how spicy I would like it) for my main, while my partner had an enormous (at least 16 oz, according to him) steak with no fat at all on it, with chips and salad. I cannot describe how amazing my prawn curry was, I would eat it again right now if I could! We each had a beer also. It came to €40, with tip! Not bad, eh?

Excellent presentation, with prompt service despite how busy the restaurant was at the time!

2 Thank LynseyP88
SaboresDaRia, Proprietário at Sabores da Ria, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review.
We really appreciate you taking time and we look forward to welcoming you next time you are in Cabanas.

Yours Sincerely
Paulo Runa/Owner

• Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Food and atmosphere review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The food is above excellent and if you do want something a little different to what they have on the menu ( chicken curry instead of prawn curry) they will try to oblige if they can - but during busy times it would be rude to expect them to do this but the the menu is so varied that you can always find something that you would like to eat.
Personally i have only worked half way down the menu but i fully intend going back and working my way down the rest
The staff are all very friendly and helpfull and the owners are quite nice to :)

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Janicebee582
Charlwood, United Kingdom
“Not a great place - dreadful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I made a point of visiting this restaurant as it had been rated no 1 in Cabanas. We were very disappointed - it seemed largely full of English people with no Portugese which should have been a clue enough for us enough to leave.
There were not enough staff on duty and it wasn't particularly busy. The menu was quite varied with a selection of English and some local fish. When the food eventually came, it arrived sporadically - my dad's lamb chops came a full 10 mins before my duck breast, which I had to send back as the mashed potato was stone cold. My mum and husband both ordered the fish pie, but even that had a five minute delay in being served to each of them and was cold in the middle. Smoking was allowed in the bar area which wafted through to the restaurant - not a pleasant experience. Not somewhere I would recommend and I have no idea why it should be voted the top restaurant in Cabanas - it certainly doesn't deserve that accolade!

Visited October 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our Restaurant
Sincerely
Paulo Runa/Owner
Hamble, United Kingdom
“Great both times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We used this excellent restaurant twice on our recent holiday and the quality of the food and the service was great.
Would like many others say how good the fish and chips and the belly prk are.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pdjlk
London, United Kingdom
“Great fish selection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good, not brilliant, restaurant on the 'sea front' of Cabanas.

As suggested in earlier reviews, the fish mixed grill is superb and at 11 eur great value for money. Great selection of fresh fish served with potatoes. Really nice.

My girlfriend had the duck and suggested it wasn't the best, but this was probably due to her struggling with the smell of the mixed fish grill! :-)

Only big compliant and contary to the other reviews on the site was that the Sangria did not taste great (as it did in all other restaurants), maybe just a bad jug.

Worth a visit.