“Fantastic”
Review of Porto di Mare

Porto di Mare
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Cabanas
Description: We are Mediterranean influinced restaurant, with quality fresh food and great service. We invite you to stop by for a great meal.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Another delicious meal had by all. Great service with a smile. Bookings can be made via FB which is such a bonus. Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank sarahs1216

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

We visited this restaurant last week on a shot break after my family recommended it. I ordered muscles to start which were fantastic and served with a delicious sauce.

I ordered octopus for main course, after 10 minutes the manager came out to tell me that the chef said the octopus was a little hard and they didn’t want to serve it to me which was very thoughtful and a nice touch. (I think a lot of restaurants would have just served it anyway!) Instead I ordered seafood risotto which was also great with some amazing prawns. We ordered the house white wine which for the price we really enjoyed.

Nikalai and Anton (owners?) are really nice people and could not have be more welcoming and attentive.

Highly recommend.

1  Thank JMANC30
Reviewed April 8, 2019

I visited Porto di Mare on a Saturday evening having read the good reviews already posted on TripAdvisor. Unsurprisingly it was very busy, and I was lucky to get a table after a short wait. Other potential diners who hadn't made a reservation weren't so lucky and had to be turned away due to the popularity. Its therefore advisable to make a reservation if you're planing a visit.

The choice on the menu is varied without overdoing the options so that you'd spend too long making a choice. There's enough choice available to please most palates (seafood, steaks, pizza, hamburgers).

The baked mushrooms for starters was very nice and I treated myself to a Chateaubriand as a main coarse. This was served raw, along with a hot stone and seasoning options to allow it to be cooked to your own preference. Alongside this came a generous side salad, fried potatoes and a choice of sauces. I plumped for a pepper sauce, but hardly used any as didn't wish to take away from the flavour of the steak, which I have to say was one of the best I've ever had.

The service was excellent. Very friendly and attentive, despite obviously being very busy.

If you're staying in Cabanas (or not far away) Porto di Mare is highly recommended, but booking is essential to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

Had the goats cheese with honey to start. Delicious. Then the filet mignon with Gorgonzola. Nicest piece of meat I’ve tasted. A lovely great value meal. I’ll be back.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 9, 2019

Porto di Mare was opened last autumn. Although it is #1 of Cabanas restaurants in TripAdvisor we noticed that there are many people living long periods or permanently in Cabanas who don’t know this restaurant, yet. It is a restaurant with great staff and perfect, very friendly and relaxed service. The decor isn’t very Portuguese but it is modern, simple, stylish and enjoyable.

During our four and a half weeks stay in Cabanas I had two dinners here with my wife. Our starters were Goat cheese with honey, Garlic octopus, Tomato mozzarella salad and Garlic bread. We liked each of these starters.

On the first time I had Tuna steak for mains and my wife ordered Swordfish steak. The fishes were accompanied with a white wine made of Albarino grapes. Its intense and fruity aromas matched perfectly with the fish.

On the second time we were unanimous in the choice of mains. We decided to eat meat and ordered Fillet Mignon. It was tender and melted in our mouths. The meat was accompanied by excellent Periquita red wine. We finished the dinner with delicious Tiramisu.

Date of visit: February 2019