We visited The Fleece as part of a holiday in the local area. I had heard of it, indeed had been close to it many years before but, as a life member of the NT, decided that today was the day. And this is one place I can THOROUGHLY recommend.
From the outside, it looks like a gem. From the inside, it's as if nothing has changed in centuries. Obviously, the NT will have played a part here in keeping things as they were, but it was a "slice of Olde Englande". The fish I had for lunch was excellent - it said fillet on the menu and that is what I got - not a single bone. The side salad was freshly made and great (my wife said!). Her soup was also clearly homemade. The beer was great - two pints of "Pig's Ear" - utterly scrummy! Indeed, they'll even let you take some home with you if you want! There were lots of locals in there and also, at an adjacent table, three men carrying out business negotiations for a building contract. It attracts all kinds of people and all are made to feel welcome.
I said to my wife that it was a pity we were staying 30 mins drive away, as this was the sort of pub you would want to return to time and again.
5 stars or even more to The Fleece at Bretforton!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fleece Inn is the perfect rural retreat just a stone's throw from the beautiful Cotswold's boasting roaring open fires for the winter months, open garden and apple orchard for the summer sun and a friendly welcome all year round. With real ales and traditional ciders aplenty this historical pub is a favourite with CAMRA members and the welcoming atmosphere and good food attract visitors from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Fleece Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fleece Hotel Bretforton
- The Fleece Inn Bretforton, Worcestershire