“Amazing!”

Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Blackford
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was a 40th birthday treat for my husband who has always wanted to go hunting with Harris Hawks. The weather was fantastic and we spent a wonderful 3 hours roaming the fields with firstly falcons, then Harris Hawks and two pointer dogs and a ferret. I went along as a spectator and had an amazing afternoon. My husband along with the others in our group got to hold the hawk and take part in the hunting . Adrian, Tom and Lee were great and watching the birds in action was thrilling. If you want a present that is a little bit different this is it. We would love to go back again and this is an experience we will always remember and will recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Swampduck74
in 35 reviews
"instructor"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was given this day out as a gift from my daughter and my wife came with me to spectate and what an experience it was - best 3.5 hours of the day.Our guide Adrian was on top form involving the spectators with some witty remarks and even let my wife touch the feet of the Harris hawk to let her see that the bird was in no danger or distress..From start to finish very professional and informative,( this will open your eyes and your mind to what these magnificent birds of prey can do), extremely well looked after and well kept in a very clean and well kept environment..Big thank to all the staff at Phoenix don't know how anyone could not enjoy this day out.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went for the 3.5hrs falconry experience and it was a fantastic experience. There is a great selection of birds and they have been trained to the highest level. The birds on show did everything our guide Adrian asked of them to do where to fly, when to land etc. The knowledge Adrian has of Birds of Prey is remarkable and he passed on a wealth of information

1  Thank RonnieI48
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a must in things to do in your lifetime. I went with my dad for the 3.5hrs falconry experience. Dad wasnt too keen to go at first but he's so glad he did. Getting a picture taken with a bird of prey at your local shopping centre may be a thrilling experience for some, but its nothing compared to to hands on experience you get here with Adrian. He is the bird of prey man. So kind, caring and always maintains a very high level of safety when handling these very well cared for birds. He certainley made me feel at ease after asking me to give the hawk a kiss! Thanks for that. Which I didnt of course but he did! He knows everything there is to know about these birds and we were all well educated on our day out. Hope to return again one day with my daughter when she is old enough as this is only for adults.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Another fantastic experience hunting with birds of prey! This was our fourth visit and once again my wife and I weren't disappointed. Being met by an 8 week old pointer pup and Faye her aunt and soon to be hunting companion could not have given us a warmer welcome. Adrian and Marylyn( apologies if the spelling is incorrect:( we're extremely helpful. Adrian was our guide for the afternoon always making sure everyone in the group had a turn with the hawks and also letting you know if you we're not handling them correctly in his own special way!!! Even though we were unsuccessful in catching any prey, watching Faye work tirelessly all afternoon was amazing, we all wished we had her energy!

If you have never thought about handling birds of prey or even hunting with them a day like this will change your mind.

We have already booked another visit!

Great value!