“Busy restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We looked at he menu before deciding to eat here, good selection at reasonable prices. When we went through we realised it was very large, with two parties being catered, however taking this into consideration service was good. Good anti-pasta dishes. Delicious pasta dishes, main courses we differed on opinion, my husband had 'steak' but it wasn't what we would refer to as steak, it wasn't beef, but was a flattened out chewy piece of meat. I had the fresh fish, it ended up at 24 euros, and as already commented on, once filleted, there wasn't much, however it was the best fish I have ever eaten, so I felt it justified the price. We were given a complementary dessert, which was a nice touch.
I have put this as a couples visit, but the size and number of people meant it wasn't a romantic couples visit.

1  Thank Dearmans

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were hungry from a 25 km climb up and down Etna that day, it was dark, and we ran into this restaurant. Knew it was probably going to be a dud from the outside, but we were hungry. Indeed, while nothing was terrible (except the bread, which was bad), nothing was good either. Fish is served very plane. The fish that the waiter suggested was 600 grams (at 4 euros/100 grams) turned out to be '800 grams.' Hmmm, I buy fresh fish at the market in grams, this did not look like an 800 gram fish to me. On the plate it turned into very small portions. Pasta was ok, bruchetta wasn't great. One of our worst and more expensive dinners in Sicily.

1  Thank laetulos
Reviewed May 6, 2013

last night i was invited to an eighteenth birthday and it was a truly a pleasure for my palate!we started with a classic bruschetta together with arancini,marinated olives and stuffed voulevant,as middle course a duo of fresh maccheroni pasta alla norma and risotto with porcini mushrooms and wild fennel (yummy), as main course we had roast veal served with croquettes and french-stile peas, dessert and coffee!fast service, full glasses and very nice local wine.i have been there in the past and i can say for sure that the fish is their main dish, alwais fresh and cooked as we wish !if i have to give a vote i would give it a good 8 out of 10!!! i hope that everyone can have the same good experience i had!

2  Thank salvo051978
Reviewed May 2, 2013

A pleasure to my senses, excellent restaurant and tasty food. the fish is the best thing i've ever tasted. Highly recommended.

1  Thank diego a
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This has been my first bad experience in an Italian restaurant. I couldn't believe you can get bad food in Italy but Mare Kambo prooved me wrong. We ate fish that was far from fresh or well preserved. Nothing was fresh. The only thing they got right is the pasta, it was cooked well but spoilt with dry fish and hard 'cozze'. Never again.

2  Thank jgp66