“Rawley Resort - Spa”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Port Severn
Guelph, Canada
“Rawley Resort - Spa”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I visited the Spa at Rawley Resort this past weekend and were hoping for a romantic, relaxing experience but what we received was far from that. We each had a massage and pedicure. First we were placed in the couples massage room, with no instruction, that was freezing and left there for at least 15 mins while the staff cleaned other rooms. When the massage finally started there was no peacefull atomsphere to the experience, loud walking, dropping of cream bottles, talking, NO technique at all. In fact my massage was like 60 minutes of cream application with zero pressure, she used some sort of handheld roller thing that I have never seen before. It was actually very awkward. Very dissapointing for $100 each. Then the pedicures. Again we waited, although soaking our feet, while the staff cleaned the massage rooms. My pedicure was ok, far from the best I've ever had but my husband's pedicure was terrible. It appeard that it was the first she had ever given. Dissapointing for $50 each. Overall very dissapointed in the whole experience. I have eaten many times at the Rawley restrurant and would rate it at the top of all my dininng experiences, however the Spa would be at the very bottom of my list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caryn W
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I do apologize for your spa experience. I discussed your comments with the spa manager and got some feedback from her. You are correct the massage rooms were not warmed up before hand which is not acceptable and would lead to a chilly start. The cleaning while you were there should not happened and again unacceptable.
She was not aware that you were not happy with the massage and wished you had informed her while you were there. She felt very badly as she would have corrected the problems right away.
We take our guests feedback seriously and work to improve any shortfalls we may have. Please know that we will correct this right away and ensure it does not happen again.
I would prefer to speak to you by phone so I'll know how to move forward on this matter. Could you please contact either myself or Michael at your earliest convenience. Thank you for letting us know that you do enjoy dining at Rawley and give us high marks for that. We look forward to speaking with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Alberta
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Absolutely blown away by this place! Our room was fantastic right down to the smallest details. When booking our stay the manager Micheal sent us a fantastic email confirmation, and asked me if there was anything else they could do to make our stay more enjoyable or romantic for our anniversary. He made arrangements to have wine in our room on arrival as well as cheese and there were even buttertarts there on our second night with a great personal letter from him about the history of buttertarts. We saw Micheal all over the resort and he was even working as the chef and prepared two of the best dinners we've ever had. We only had a problem with one older lady who served us dinner and was very rude and paying attention to the other tables that she knew and ignored us and even went so far to make bad comments about the kitchen and suggested our meals weren't prepared properly even though we clearly enjoyed our dinner. We had a really nice young man serve us the second night when my parents joined us and he was very professional and really well spoken for someone his age. Micheal was even bringing food to the tables himself and chatting with us. We loved this place so much and we'll certainly be back soon. Great job Micheal and everyone else. You really care about what you do and it shows.

Room Tip: Ask for something with a waterview
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I circulated your fine review about your Rawley experience to all the staff involved. Michael and the rest of the staff thank you for your compliments. Our team always appreciates it when they read reviews such as yours. We work hard towards our goal of making sure our guests are taken care of.
I have spoken with the server who served you on the first evening. She was very distraught and disappointed that you were not pleased with her service. She's one of our finest servers, very trained in proper dining services so I was so surprised to read this. This server does have a lot of regular customers that request her for their dinner service so it appears that the evening she served you she must have had a few of these customers and was pre-occupied with chatting with them, which of course led to your disapointment. We apologize for this and please know that she joins in this apology.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and again thank you for taking the time to send this review.
Toronto
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Rawley Resort is like a home away from home. We stayed in the main building, standard room with King bed.The bed & pillows are amazing! It is modern & classy. Impressive taste on decor. The living/kitchen area is spacious too. There's an electric fireplace in the living room. This room is big enough for family. But the sofa isn't a pull-out. You can rent a coth for additional charge. The only downside I think is the internet connection. The room has only (wired) ethernet which is kinda slow. Would be better if there's wifi connection. The bathroom is spacious as well.
Breakfast is complimentary, it is a sit-down not buffet. The food is awesome! Dinner is also amazing. Everything spells out class!
There is an onsite spa... unfortunately, both husband & I didn't like the massage. It was just ok. Too bad we would have gone again the next day if it was good.
If you don't have a boat (you can rent though) nor like fishing, there's nothing else to do here. There is no beach on-site. It was a crappy weather the whole time we were at the resort. Good thing the outdoor pool water was warm enough so we were able to swim. Would be nice if there's a hot tub or sauna as well (^_^)
There is a picnic area that has bbq.
You can also relax in your room, there's a complimentary movies at the reception area.
Overall, I loved the resort and I would recommend it. Service was great too!

Room Tip: Not really much of difference. We stayed in the main building. The distance from here, waterside, te...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I was pleased to read all of your wonderful comments and for posting so many positive points in regards to your stay and Rawley.Your pictures are amazing. Thank you for sharing them with everyone. I am sure many people visiting Trip Advisor will appreciate them also. I will pass on to the Chef and staff how much you enjoyed your breakfast and dinner.
Our staff enjoy making sure our guests are taken care of and all their needs are met to make for a comfortable, at home feel and we are happy that you felt that. I have shared that with the staff also.
For your information our linens are Frette and our pillows are all down filled (hypo allergenic also.) Our blankets are from Portugal and they are a favourite with our guests also.
For your future reference we do have pullout sofas in our water front lofts. If you visit our website you can find a picture of them in the gallery and also in our brochure.
In regards to internet and WIFI because we are located up north either Wifi or internet can sometimes be very slow. We work off a satelitte which is not as good as the city and does not offer high speed. We are slowly getting the better type of service in this area and hopefully next year we will have high speed. Sometimes it works fast and then the next thing you know it's slow again.
I do apologize for your spa experience. I have spoken with the spa manager but I feel it would be better if I speak to you by phone so I'll know how to move forward with this.
Please contact either myself or Michael.
Again, thank and we look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2012

From our marina up to Rawley takes 5-6 hours. We have docked twice at Rawley last year and the May 24 weekend this year.. From the minute we dock we are always amazed at the incredible talent of Rawley's team (they call my husband CAPTAIN PAUL)! Our friends stay in the Exec Suit's while we dock... The room's are perfectly appointed with all the amenities you desire. The Spa is a wonderful relaxing experience (best massage ever)! Dinning at Rawley ranks as high as any NY 5 star restaurant! We have met so many boaters from Ontario & U.S that we recommend staying at Rawley. However when I went to book an exec suite, dinner resv. & 4 messages for Sun Sept. 2nd for my parents 55 anniversary and dock I was told Rawley will only book 2 nights for the long weekend!!! Very disappointed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Rawley Resort and your positive review. We really appreciate you taking the time to contact Trip Advisor and share your docking and suite experiences. We are lucky to have such loyal guests like you staying with us.
I am concerned about your not be able to have your parents stay with us in September. Fifty five years is such a truimph and we would be more than pleased to have you all share this celebration with us.
I wish I had been made aware of this because even though we do have a minimum stay of two nights on the long weekends I would have and will make an exception.
Please contact either myself or Michael and we will make sure this happens.
Port Severn, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our family with a guest from Switzerland enjoyed a special evening in the Rawley Lodge dining room last night. The Rawley dining experience starts at their impressive entryway and continues into the dining room decorated with the finest of comfortable furnishings. The ambiance is classy, warm and inviting, especially when “Eric” is playing the piano. There are several comfy stools around the piano where you can join Eric after dinner for listening or singing along ... many were enjoying this last night! The service was excellent and everyone enjoyed their meals. We are local to Rawley and have not yet stayed overnight at the lodge, however, I have referred many clients to Rawley and they all love the accommodations and meals. Some travel by boat to Rawley to enjoy a fine dinner while out on the water. We are very fortunate to have such a special place so close to where we live. I understand the lodge was fully booked last night, yet they were still pleased to accommodate us for dinner. Thank you to the owners and staff for the lovely evening!

Brenda Flower
July 29, 2012

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
How nice of you to choose Rawley to bring your guests from Switzerland to. Thank you for sharing what sounds like an enjoyable evening at Rawley.
Many a guest has shared songs around the piano with Eric. It's a good end to a good meal.
We want you to know how much we appreciate your kind review and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to send it.
We value your business and the fact that you reside in the area we are hoping that you and yours can be a guest of Rawley for years to come.
Again thank you
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were at Rawley for one night to attend a wedding there. The rooms are awesome, with every comfort and convenience. The rooms are very spacious. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. Will go back for sure!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we very much appreciate your compliments. We are pleased your enjoyed your stay with us.
On behalf of everyone on our team. we look forward to your next visit, hopefully in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stumbled on this hotel by accident on our way back to Toronto from Georgian Bay. And what a find! The staff were fantastic - friendly but efficient. The king suite was magnificent with great touches such as the butter tarts waiting for us and the fine selection of teas. Not to mention the most comfortable bed ever. Breakfast was included and was similarly outstanding. Five star food at Golden Griddle prices. The setting is wonderful, with a great view over the water. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We are certainly glad that you stumbled on us. Now you have a place that you know about on your way back to Toronto. Those well kept secret recipe butter tarts are certainly popular. Everyone says to themselves "Just one bite" and then it disappears.
Thank you for your valued review and we truly look forward to having you visit with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Severn
#19 of 55 in Muskoka District
Bayview Wildwood Resort
Bayview Wildwood Resort
#1 of 1 in Severn Bridge

Been to Rawley Resort? Share your experiences!