“Nice Place, Nice Food and very reasonable.”
Review of The Grill

The Grill
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Port Severn
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Excellent freshly prepared meals served in a warm, friendly setting with outstanding waterfront views. Also enjoy a large over-water and boat-up patio open May-Oct with tropical drinks, great service and a Caribbean vibe. The Grill is open year-round and is also a terrific fall and winter destination with large hearty meals and front row seats for the parade of migrating wildlife stopping off for a rest in the open water visible out every window in the Grill.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I liked, View, atmosphere, Food quality and quantity, Price.
I disliked, very busy, limited options, cleaniness was not high, washrooms were small

There are newer reviews for The Grill

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had lunch on the patio on the Civic Day long weekend, and got seated right away. The service was efficient and courteous. The food was fine for a pub/family restaurant in a small town. The beer was cold and delicious. The scenery was great. The kids (3 and 5 year-olds) enjoyed the free entertainment of watching the boats come and go, and the Trent Severn Lift Locks in operation.
It's a very popular place, another family tried to go during the sunset, but was told a table would take 40 minutes. So it looks like you need to get there early for the evening rush.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely horrible experience and sub par food, recommend to no one. Showed up with a group of 12 and right from the start they were not happy that tables had to be moved to accommodate the group. After they seated us we recommended we move he tables to not block where the waitresses were walking. The waitress told us that was how they had to be set up, the manager than came out and told us we had to move the tables to accommodate the waitress and fire code( the tables had to be moved Over to the spot we initially recommended). After everything had finally settled down we finally got our drinks, my girlfriend and I got both mojitos, which were absolutely horrible, I drank mine while waiting for our server to come, which seemed like forever. When we asked if my girlfriend could get a different drink we were given the answer each patron is only allowed one ounce of alcohol per hour , even though she hadn't drank the drink and we agreed to pay for it just replace it with something else. We were than told in a hour this would be possible. When we finally got our food 2 hours later it was cold and all of our orders were either missing something or incorrect. If our server had actually stopped by the table we would have been able to communicate the mistakes to our server if she had actually stopped by and we didn't have to flag down other tables servers so we could find ours. When a table of 12 people shows up it is understandable a waitress we'll be over whelmed but to have a waitress not show up at all is absolutely ridiculous. It was made clear to us that the restaurant took no pride in quality assurance or customer service. I we'll never go back to the dam grill. Reading through other reviews it is clear that the dam grill isn't willing to accommodate for any customers and they run a my way or the highway, the customer is always wrong establishment. The only part of my meal that was enjoyable was when the female manager first said to us she is being a party pooper.

4  Thank Steve J
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We decided to try out The Dam Grill after our neighbour had highly recommended it to us. As the weather was cool and breezy, we chose to sit inside by the window to enjoy the view. My husband likes to try new beer and they happened to have one on the menu which he hadn't tried that was recommended by the server. He would have enjoyed it more had it been a typical hot and sunny day in July like other years! As this was our first time, it was hard to decide what to chose. My husband had the beef dip and fries and I had the chicken quesadilla with sauteed vegetables. My husband was amazed that I cleaned the whole plate but I will admit it was one of the best quesadillas I have eaten and the sauteed vegetables were delicious. His beef dip was delicious and the baked fries were a nice change. We don't usually order dessert but they had a sample platter of all their four desserts which was delish! There was enough for the two of us to share and left us feeling quite satisfied. The waitress was extremely attentive and we enjoyed chatting with her at the end of our meal. All in all we enjoyed everything about The Dam Grill and hope to go back before the summer is over.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Cloudy late afternoon and about 17 degrees celcius but dressed in jeans and sweaters it was still a beautiful scenery. Philly Beef dip au jus is quite delicious and the fries have a special spice that makes them great on their own. My wife had the whisky bbq wings and even though a few were over done they were still full of flavor.

Fries + gravey .... Good gravey that's delicious.

Highly recommended.