“Clean and comfortable accommodations” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Muskey's Landing

Muskey's Landing
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Port Severn
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and comfortable accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at Muskey's for an extended weekend fishing trip. We rented one of their efficiency units and one of their boats.

As expected the room is basic but clean. Some appliances are showing their age and perhaps should be replaced soon. Only one of two burners worked on our hot plate. There was only one drinking glass for two people. I know things can break or go missing so perhaps the housekeeping staff could have a checklist when they turn around rooms.

The deficiencies were minor and the super comfortable beds more than made up for them. We enjoyed our wood deck with table, chairs and our own barbecue.

The boat rental was good. Very clean aluminum boat and motor. We really appreciated having a photocopied chart since we were new to this boating area.

As long as you're not expecting a high end resort you should be fine with staying at Muskey's. The price was very good and realistic. We would return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

Comfortable and clean lodge to stay in. Proprietors very warm and helpful. Hooked me up with a great fishing guide for Muskeys. Landed a monster!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I’d visited Muskey’s Landing before and were pleased with our stay so we returned recently (July 10-12, 2011). Sandy and Dave were exceptional! We stayed at Muskey’s Landing for 3 days and 2 nights (in a kitchenette; they also have cottages and hotel rooms) and rented a boat for 2 days. The amenities met our expectations and fulfilled our needs. Our kitchenette came equipped with utensils, pots, pans, dishes, bowls and other miscellaneous kitchen necessities you’d ever need. It has a fridge, a mini stove, coffee maker with complimentary coffee and sugar. We even had our own bbq to use in our lil backyard with a table and chairs. Just make sure you bbq before the sun goes down because that’s when the mosquitoes come out to attack!

Sandy thoroughly explained how to operate the boat (although we’d used it before, it was nice to have a refresher). She also gave us tips on where to fish and provided us with a map of the area. When we returned on one of our fishing trips, Dave vacuumed and cleaned out our boat. He did a great job! They also have live bait (worms) for sale along with other tackle; also, snacks, drinks, etc.

If we’d gone with more people, we would have used their beach volleyball court for sure! They have a net set up at all times. The place also has a basketball net, horseshoes, lots of green space for activities and a big camp fire pit! It would be nice to gather around the camp fire, but it was only the 2 of us this time so hopefully we can enjoy some s'mores with friends next time! There are also 2 canoes and 2 kayaks for guests to use.

We’ll be back for sure! The fishing was great, the stay was fantastic…nothing more you can ask for! Sandy and Dave stay on the property so if you have a problem, they can be easily reached. Thanks for a great trip (and many more in the future)!!

-Joanna and Derek

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bluepassport
Uncledickie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We had a reservation to stay herer for 2 nights. You cannot find a picture of the place on their web site so there is no way to judge what it looks like in order determine if this is the kind of place that might appeal to you. When we arrived and saw the place I thought we were in an old Alfred Hichcock movie the place looked so dreadful. Like a barracks! Upon check in I was told not to drink the water and was provided with bottle water so no big deal because we drink bottled water all the time anyway. I checked in got the keys and went to look at the room at which point my wife absolutely refused to stay in this dump. The furniture is at best 1950's, the smell of cigarette smoke was repundant and the bathroom floor was covered in water (not sure were the water came from, maybe the toilet). I went back to the front desk and told them that there was no way we could stay there because of the smell and the water on the floor and the general discust of the place. I was told that I would be charged a deposit ($100.00). Not happy but it was worth the money not to have to stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Uncledickie
PortSevernSandy, Owner at Muskey's Landing, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
This customer was not happy with the room as soon as he and his wife arrived. I was in the city at the time and my wife who is the manager called me to say that he was not going to stay. It was a 2 night stay. I spoke to the customer and asked if we had been given a chance to make whatever was wrong with the room could we have an opportunity to fix it. His response was that there was no way his wife would stay at Muskey's. He also said that if it was just his buddies fishing and smoking a cigar >he would have no problem. I explained that we are a small resort and if he wanted to leave he could but there would be $ 50.00 per night cancellation fee applied. He was also explained this prior to making his reservation. I also offered to refund the cancellation fee if we were able to sell the room for Friday and Saturday night. The customer threatened my wife that if I charged him a cancellation fee, we would regret it. When I returned from the city I personally checked the room and found no smells> there was a small puddle on the bathroom floor from the shower dripping. We were given no opportunity to resolve the situation. I was not able to resell the room on the Friday or the Saturday. If something is not how you pictured it, I understand. I feel that the establishment should be given a chance to resolve the problem. We are sorry that we can't make everyone happy, because we try very hard to do just that. So this reveiw is a medium for the customer to express there experience at any hotel or resort. This customer just wanted to write something negative because we did not deviate from our policy. He is mad because he had to pay the cancellation fee. This is his way of getting even.

David Little
Owner Muskey's Landing
Port Severn

Travelers are raving about these Port Severn hotels

Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Wonderful place to relax at. The owners are a joy, very friendly and helpful.
Lots of things to do and a great place to make some friends.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I found Muskys Landing via the internet. I was very uneasy because pictures are not always as they seem. We booked our first trip there three years ago and have been going back ever since at least 5 times a year. David and Sandy (the owners) are great. If there is ever something you need whether a bigger pot for cooking to advice on where and what to fish they are always helpful. The area for fishing is amazing from perch to musky and everything in between. I saw my first gar and dog fish there and almost caught them it was so exciting! We have brought family and friends alike with us with great results. We have stayed in both the cottages and the motel rooms and find either way to be very comforatable. There is horseshoe pits a climber for the kids a basketball net, volleyball net large fire pit(for those smores) and a beautiful view of the sunset on muskoka chairs . We plan to have many more trips there, now that we found an amazing resort, we will be back again and again. Thank-you David and Sandy for making us feel welcome anytime. See you soon

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

Staff seemed friendly enough. Room nothing special but very clean. Can't drink tap water. They supply bottle water but take as much as you can because once you've checked in you can't seem to find anyone anymore. Smoke alarm had no battery. Tap in tub broken but usable. No curtain/shade on window so lights shone at night. Remote for satellite but none for the TV itself. No telephone in room. We had problems and couldn't get a hold of anyone and even though we left a message no one returned our calls. Cheap room. Good if you just want a place to put your head overnight. Guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
#7 of 8 in Gravenhurst
Sherwood Inn
Sherwood Inn
#2 of 3 in Port Carling

Been to Muskey's Landing? Share your experiences!