“Nothing fishy about these rave reviews!”

La Brasserie des Arts
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Mirande
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Barcelona, Spain
“Nothing fishy about these rave reviews!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

In Mirande with friends for a wedding, the friendly owner of the Hotel Le Prince recommended la Brasserie des Arts.
I was dubious about a fish restaurant so far from the sea and in such a small place as Mirande...
My doubts were quickly dispelled by the highly professional welcome of the chef's young son, and by the delicious, fresh fish.
My friends were unanimous in loving this place.
We tried to come back tonight, but the place was full!
I wish this place lots of thoroughly deserved success.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank nickinparis25

Bassoues, France
“What a find”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I had heard from some friends that there was a fish restaurant in Mirande and even though we have lived in the area for many years, we have never visited it - what a mistake. I was invited by my visitors to take them for a meal, as we had fish eating vegetarians it seemed like a good place to go. One of my fellow diners and I had the lobster it was superb and for €26 really good value for money. It was beautifully cooked and presented. Others had the prawn curry, raw tuna in a delicious sauce and a white fish cooked on a plancher. We started with tapas of mussels and prawns done in garlic, with lovely fresh bread to mop it up and we had dessert of the most delicious ice creams, which I think had to be home made they were so good. All this and 2 bottles of a good Cote de Gascone wine came to €34 per head. Very good service with a waiter who spoke good English for those who do not speak French. We are going again on Sunday it was so good.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely brasserie in the Gers!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I went there recently with my husband on a Sunday for lunch. It was a very hot day and we were directed to a table outside in the very pleasant garden. The restaurant, the bar and the garden all are very nicely laid out. The restaurant is a warm terracotta colour with a grand piano for the concerts which regularly take place there. The outside area is obviously an old garden, restyled to accommodate a bar, tables and an outdoor area in which to relax. The trees and plants are slightly untended and growing abundantly. It all makes for a very relaxed and unpretentious atmosphere.
We spent just under two hours in the garden and the clientele was a mixture of French people and other nationalities and ranged from people in their twenties to retired folk. Some came by to eat and others just for a drink. it was all very calm and laid-back.
We ate olives with our drink and had grilled fillet of fish, very fresh and tasty and ice-cream for pudding. The service was attentive and friendly and the food delicious.
This brasserie feels very different from other establishments in the area. Partly this is the venue itself and partly the cuisine. This for us was the major reason for its appeal.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank kcp44
None
“Delicous fresh fish in the land of duck”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This place was recommended to us by friends and neighbors, and is a great find. We happily spend the summer in the Gers, but the range of restaurants is limited, particularly if you're looking for something beyond traditional local fare. here a range of fresh fish is delivered on a daily basis, and served simply but deliciously a la plancha. The proprietors are also very cool people once you get to engage them.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Bibsley
Marciac, France
“Excellent seafood restaurant”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Hard to find fresher or better seafood in the landlocked Gers region. La Brasserie des Arts has great choice of fresh fish (delivered daily), simply grilled "a la plancha", some with marinades, some not. I had an excellent sea bass with asian spices that was delicious, my husband had the simply grilled cod filet, which was also excellent. The mains were served with a hot vegetable (curried courgettes) and a side salad (fresher than fresh!). Everything was delicious. We sat in the garden terrace, which was very pretty and chatted to the very hospitable owners who are the husband and wife chef and front of house team. If you are in the Gers and have eaten enough duck, this place will not disappoint, we'll definitely be going back and taking our summer guests too.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank joanne H

Been to La Brasserie des Arts? Share your experiences!