“Good Location but rooms and amenities not good”
Review of Lava View Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Probolinggo
Lava View Lodge
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we had to wake up at 3 am and leave to see the sunrise at mount Bromo and this lodge's location is very good, we were right across from the Mount Batan and Bromo. But the hotel has no heaters and blankets are very thin so you freeze at night, we had to wear three layers of clothing and also gloves, socks and monkey hat to protect ourselves from freezing. The bathroom is ok, the gas heater had luke warm water, so I turned the heater to high and gas to high before I went to sleep so at 3 am in the morning the water was very hot and refreshing. When we came back we ate the buffet breakfast included in the room rate and that was ok, the omlette was tasty but other food were just ok.
But not a bad choice for one night if you want to stay close to the excitements.

Room Tip: Ask for Mount Batan facing rooms, you will get breath taking views in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gotofly2

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was here for one night to watch the sun rise and to go Bromo View. My friend who really knows about the palce around recomends me to stay there. Well it was nice. Besides the great view, i like that they have heater in the bathroom but they dont have hair dryer.
The food in hotel restaurant is quite well with reasonable price. Overall this is a place with great view, good food and friendly hotel staff.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 3, 2013

we stayed a night here for 800,000 rupiah a night for deluxe room which locate in new section totally worth the money comparing to another hotel we stayed the night before. We also did some hotel checking and still find this is the best one.

The location is perfect for both sunset and sunrise.
the food is good with decent price.
the cleanliness is quite good given that this place is not a city like jogja or bali.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank proudy
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Not sure why there is so much negative reviews for this property.
I stayed in the Superior Room #111 at The Lava View Lodge in August (I think this is maybe the new wing?) and was rather happy with my stay.
Absolutely stunning views just right out of my windows. I could see the volcanoes while lying on my bed. I could sit for hours along the corridors just watching the sudden burst of smoke and ash from the volcanoes and the change in colours and scenery.
The room & toilet looks clean and new. The bed is very cosy and comfortable. The food from the restaurant is quite good too.
The downside is that there is no hair dryer provided and no heater in the room as it can get really cold at night. The water heater in the shower can be difficult to operate as well.
But well, the proximity to Bromo and the magnificent views are worth it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We choose this hotel as it is the nearest to Mount Bromo. We sat on the bench outside the hotel to view sunset while enjoying local foods sold by hawkers. We stayed 1 night here and our room is very cold, bed comfortable and clean, bathroom equipped with hot shower, overall okay with all the basic amenities. Dinner and breakfast served at the restaurant is average.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed 1 night in this hotel.
Room: very basic, a bit cold and we did not have hot water, but the room and bedlinnen were clean.
Restaurant: we had dinner and they had only the half of the card available but food was correct, the breakfast was also OK.
Price: very expensive for what it is, we stayed in much much better hotels for this price.
Location: in the park, with a very nice view

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I would really think that this resort is one of the best among all! **Thumb up**. Basically, you are able to get a stunning view of Mt. Bromo within walking steps from the hotel lobby.

In terms of room amenities, there's nothing much to be expected as it's a mountain resort. Be blessed to have hot water in such cold weather. There's no hairdryer in the room. So, ladies, please bear in mind to bring all the required.

Additionally, you are able to get good food right at the resort's restaurant, at reasonable price.

I would definitely stay in this resort again should I ever re-visit Bromo hills! I had a real satisfied trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple