“Great value for money”

La Table de Sorgues
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Sorgues
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: C’est dans notre maison que nous vous accueillons pour vous proposer une cuisine gourmande, dans une ambiance chaleureuse et détendue, pour se sentir un peu comme chez soi, dans un esprit « table d’Hôtes ».
Reviewed September 22, 2017

I ate here recently one evening whilst on holiday with my wife.

The menu appears to change on a weekly basis and we took a starter, main, cheese and dessert for 38euro. This included an interesting preparation of ris de veau in a croquette and poulet de Bresse for the main course - both very nice.
The cheese trolley was really good. Many restaurants just provide a plate of cheese but here is a full trolley with a big selection in good condition.

The wine list has an extensive selection of Chateauneuf-du-pape and we took a really good bottle of Chateau de Vaudieu.

Overall a really good restaurant which we would return to if we are in the area again.

1  Thank Richard S

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Simply the most memorable and outstanding restaurant we visited during our 6 days stay in the CDP area. Everything about this restaurant feel so right. The food with lots of finesse an delicate tastes made by Sean-Paul, the incredibly service, the wines and the place itself just have to be experienced.

We had an outstanding bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape from Clos Saint Jean, cuvée La Combe des Fous to go with several of the dishes. When I ordered the table before we travelled to CDP I made sure they had the vintage of cuvée "La Combe des Fous" I had in mind. I was a bit surprised though to learn that the vintage had changed to a 2012 when we were seated in the restaurant. Then Sandrine said that she could swop the bottle to a 2009 vintage, even after the 2012 bottle had been in a decanter for 1 hour or so. I think this shows a superbly high level of service and we decided to enjoy the 2012 vintage after all.

It's a pity that we will not be back until 2019, but it's obvious that this will be our number 1 choice. For us this restaurant is really hard to beat!

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

Let me start with the end of the dinner: the best cheese cart I have seen in a long time!
Food is definitely worth a Michelin star and I think the price is quite reasonable. There are three set menus. The least expensive is around 38 Euros and it want disappoint.
The most expensive is around 49 Euros.
We had dinner in the terrace and it was beautiful!
Service is efficient and friendly.
In my view, the best place near Chateauneuf du pape!

Reviewed June 26, 2017

We had lunch here with a large group. The food was amazing in taste and presentation. The service was efficient and very friendly. The outdoor dining area is quite serene and shaded. People took pictures of every course...they were beautiful. This is worth seeking out if you are in the Avignon area. Anyone who expects fast service in France is missing the cultural differences between dining in France and dining in the US. The service is supposed to be unobtrusive and you often have to ask for a check because they do not want to rush you out the door.

Reviewed October 10, 2016

We never expected such an incredible meal in such a small, sleepy town, but the reviews were great so we gave it a shot. Every aspect from the service to the small bites in between the courses were a foodie's delight and true culinary experience. The highlight of the night is when they brought the cheese cart around - it was the most amazing selection of all types of cheese from well known ones to those that were more obscure. The food and experience were stellar - beyond that of what I've had with Michelin star restaurants. Highly recommend you stop by if you are anywhere near Sorgues.

1  Thank Trish Y