“Excellent situation for a relaxing visit to Fontainebleau.”

Novotel Fontainebleau Ury
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ury
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I had read mixed reviews of this Novotel but decided to book anyway as it was a one night stay. What as lovely surprise after a long drive to arrive at this semi- rural site ten minutes drive from the Chateau. The exterior is quirky but that shouldn't put you off because the inside has been renovated to a high standard. The rooms are simple and functional with good beds and bed linen. The bathroom is modern and very clean with good towels. We decided to eat in and we were not disappointed . The menu was good value for money and everything was well presented. We had a room rate which included breakfast otherwise we wouldn't have been happy to pay 31 euros for two breakfasts.
We were a little surprised that the breakfast buffet disappeared at 9.30am precisely despite the fact that people had only just started to eat. Breakfast is available until 9.30 but be there in time because it will be whisked away on the dot! Strange.
The car park is huge,the outdoor activities looked good and the spa was recommended too.Overall an excellent place to stay. Oh and the staff were nice too!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine A
H0384GM, Directeur général at Novotel Fontainebleau Ury, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Fontainebleau Ury.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Very clean and very comfortable room ( good bed )Very quiet place .the negatve point is the following : the breakfast could be either included or have an acceptable price which was not the case for us Unfortunately

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Philippe V
H0384GM, Directeur général at Novotel Fontainebleau Ury, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Madam, Sir,
I thank you for these nice comments.
In the pleasure to welcome you again

Reviewed October 26, 2013

One more time I was happy to have my copilote named GPS as coming from the back road at one point I felt I was going to harvest sugar beets!!!!! but eventually I did arrive at the hotel which is in the middle of nowhere. The rooms and bath room seem to be a carbon copy of the amenities of the Mercure hotels as they are part of the same accor group.This hotel is absolutely perfect when traveling from the south of France and departing from Orly airport the following day as the drive from the hotel to the airport takes only 45 minutes to one hour.
The breakfast is very satisfying and the price correct .

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor very close to the front desk and enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GCC-12
Reviewed September 22, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WJohnA
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Novotel Fontainebleau,Ury with a group of 31 who arrived by coach. We understood that there would be a swimming pool available to use but when my husband went for a swim the pool was covered over. It was a great disappointment. When he queried this at reception he was told it was closed for refurbishment. We should have been informed of this when we arrived. The hotel was being refurbished when we arrived. The hotel is isolated in its own grounds in the forest and a car is necessary as there is no where to wander in the evenings. Fontainbleau is a drive away. It is alright for an overnight stop.
There were a lot of people staying for a conference so we had to eat in the foyer. There were only 31 of us but at some meals there would not be enough cups for all of us. At other meals there would not be enough cereal bowls so cups were used. On the last day there were no plates to eat off at breakfast so my husband went into the kitchen to find some. It appeared that group at the they were short staffed and there was no one in charge. When the toaster was put on the electric tripped off. There was no one at the bar after dinner and on one occasion a visitor from the conference went behind the bar to have a good look at things. My husband went up to her and asked what she was doing there. Eventually she left. The hotel now looks very smart but the lack of staff meant there was no one to supervise the breakfast area so we had to chase up more milk, butter etc. As a coach party we felt unwelcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cliff H
H0384GM, Directeur général at Novotel Fontainebleau Ury, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Your stay in my hotel clearly did not meet your expectations and you have highlighted certain issues regarding the services that we provided.

Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that we did not meet your expectations.
I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my team and together we are working on solving these issues so that our service will no longer disappoint in this area.

Should you be prepared to give me your telephone number, I would like to call you to further discuss this matter directly.

I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel. Should you choose to stay in my hotel again, please do not hesitate to call me or to send me an e-mail. I will personally ensure that you get a room that will meet your expectations.

Yours sincerely,

An Accor traveler
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank An Accor traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ury
Ibis Chateau de Fontainebleau
Clarion Suites Senart Paris Sud
Hotellerie du Bas-Breau
Hotellerie du Bas-Breau
#1 of 3 in Barbizon

Been to Novotel Fontainebleau Ury? Share your experiences!