“Very special vacations”

Domaine de Moulin Mer
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed in this wonderful place from the 10th to the 13th of February 2013 and I can only highly recommend this place. The attention I received from Mr.Stephan and Mr. Fabrice was unique. The maison is held in fantastic shape. Also the surroundings are very interesting and nice.
It is a pieceful place were you can really rest, with the commodity of the luxourius maison surrounded by the magic nature of brittany. Also the relation of price and what they offer to you is very faire.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and cosy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
MoulinMer, Propriétaire at Domaine de Moulin Mer, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Hilde
It was a great pleasure to have you visit us all the way from Mexico.
I was delighted to show you and guide you to the best places to visit around our house.
We hope to see you again and share some more secret places with you next time you visit Brittany.
Kenavo,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We reserved at Domaine de Moulin Mer after seeing the great reviews on Trip Advisor, and we were so glad we did! This was by far the most outstanding, best priced, place we stayed during our three week trip to France. Located in a quiet neighborhood. Lovely estate, surrounded by a large beautifully landscaped property. Every room we saw was exquisitely decorated. We had one of four superior rooms one flight up from the entry level. There were more rooms on a third floor that we did not see.

The breakfast room was also lovely, and I loved the breakfast! Fabrice made the most incredible almond croissants! One of the highlights of our trip!

By the way, when you make your reservations, make sure you are planning to go. There is a substantial cancellation fee if you decide to cancel the whole reservation. Best yet, reserve and go to stay at this wonderful place!

Room Tip: Superior room was great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FoodLovers100
MoulinMer, Propriétaire at Domaine de Moulin Mer, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Californian friends!
Thank you very much for your comment.
It was a pleasure to meeting you and helping you enjoy our marvelous region. I am so pleased you liked our almond croissants and -as mentioned when we gave you the recipe- please feel free to call us if you need further information. I only hope you'll find the proper ingredients in the US but that would be a good excuse to come back!

I am flabbergasted you mentioned the cancellation fees as I never took any!!!!! You may recall that you had made 3 reservations here through a well-known online Booking site as you didn't know on which dates to come. We run a small bed and breakfast with only 5 bedrooms/suites. You must understand that when you book a room the dates are blocked for you so we don't oversell our rooms. You had blocked about 1.5 weeks on our planning when you intended to stay for only 2 days (and extended it to 3 days in total). Several days before you arrived I contacted you many times to ask you to cancel (FREE of charge!!!!) the reservations you didn't need so that I can sell again the room. I have lost at least one reservation from other guests due to your multiple reservations but I NEVER asked you to compensate, charge you or even mentioned it until now.
On the same subject, as for all our guests I recommend you some restaurants and made reservations for you. For the same night you asked me to book 3 different restaurants so that you were sure to have a table. You may recall that I told you that once you had made up your mind you needed to cancel the restaurants you weren't going to go. Call me old fashion but this isn’t the way we behave here in France and even less in Brittany. This isn't a fair way to organise your holidays or dinners. I personally know the restaurants I had recommended. I always ask for the best tables and service for our guests. One of the restaurant owner rang me asking why you didn't show up. Please remember that there are people, businesses and staff behind a simple reservation! I am sure you wouldn't have appreciated if the table you had booked was taken when you arrived or the room you had booked here sold to someone else.

This said, as mentioned at the beginning of this message, we were very happy to meet you and will be delighted to see you again during your next visit to France,
Kenavo!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed for three nights in this B&B. It is a beautiful manor house with a large park surrounding it. The interior of the house is decorated in a lovely way, every detail has been chosen with care and it is all very impressing. The beds are very comfortable and everything is very clean. The bathroom seems to be newly renovated. The only disadvantage of this B&B is that you have to go by car to find a restaurant for dinner. We had read that it would be possible to book dinner at the B&B, but unfortunately it was not so during the days that we stayed there, I don´t know why....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MoulinMer, Propriétaire at Domaine de Moulin Mer, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Karin,

Thank you very much for your comment. It was a pleasure to welcome you here at Domaine de Moulin Mer.
We do indeed offer Table d'hôtes (evening dinners) to our guests upon reservation. From this year onwards we have extented our table d'hôtes for the high season. I don't recall you mentioning you wanted to book a table here for dinner. Should you have done so we would have been delighted to prepare one of our specialties like a sea food platter for you.

However, as you may recall, the restaurant in the village was opened when you were staying here. It is only 500m away from our house you can either take your car to go for dinner as you did or have a small walk and enjoy the sea view while coming back.

We hope to see you again so that you can sample some of our table d'hôtes.
All the very best,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We booked to be near Brest, and this place is a delightful location in its green valley with a pleasant walk down to the estuary.
Secure car parking, Nice rooms. Wish the shower tray was larger - and room for it!
A lot of steps and stairs which were difficult for elderly father. No local facilities which were difficult as we wanted to leave elderly father for evenings so he had to find some bread and cheese.
Not much to do here. Clean.

Room Tip: Check which floor you are on if you have any walking issues
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
MoulinMer, Propriétaire at Domaine de Moulin Mer, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your comment and for staying with us here at Domaine de Moulin Mer.
We were delighted to welcome you here.

I am surprised you mentioned the stairs in your review as we already discussed and cleared it out before you booked. I sent you details about the suites on the second floor and the grand staircase we have. As an architect, you told me you knew the type of stairs we have. You wanted to proceed with your reservation as your father is “elderly but can manage stairs” and you were right, he did very well.

We had evening diners organised during your stay. You didn't want to eat here so I am surprised you blame us. Should you had mentioned you wanted a tray brought upstairs and we would have organised it or we would have pointed you to the local grocery store 500m away in the village.

There are so many things to do, to see or to experiment here, it is just impossible you say that there is nothing to do. I only wish you had spent some time exchanging we us so we would have pointed you in the right directions.

Please do come back and we will organise your stay here, you will never think this again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is the hotel you are looking for. We have been very satisfied. Wonderfull boutique hotel/ garden, very helpful people. For example we do not breakfast, so they just offer us the electric kettle/ tee and caffe to the room without any charge. We realy feelt as a GUESTS in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MoulinMer, Propriétaire at Domaine de Moulin Mer, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Simona
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure to welcome you here for a week and help you discover our fantastic region.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hi, this is a beautiful home. We stayed in la Suite Rozemorduc. Breakfasts were very nice. There is plenty of walking around with the coastal path. We also recommend eating at the creperie La Fregate in Le Faou ( about 15 mns drive). The only minor downside is that the shower is pretty small :-) but this is obviously no big deal. We thought this was one of the best chambre d'hotes we have stayed at.

Room Tip: The 2 suites are both located on the top floor of the house.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MoulinMer, Propriétaire at Domaine de Moulin Mer, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you very much for posting a review on this site.
We were very pleased to meet you and have you stay with us. As mentionned when I booked the crêperie La Frégate, I was sure that you will enjoy it.

Kenavo,

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My first review did not arrive so I will try again !
We have just returned from a wonderful trip to Brittany staying at Domaine de Moulin Mer with Stéphane and Fabrice, who were perfect hosts.
The house is first and foremost a beautiful home which is tastefully and elegantly arrayed with antiques and fine furnishing, a testimony to all the care that has been taken to keep the character of this lovely manor house .The house exudes a real warmth and such a positive and happy atmosphere with an air of tranquility due in part to the peaceful gardens surrounding it.
It is very clear that this is so much more than a business to Fabrice and Stéphane, it is a real passion and the love they have for the house shows itself in all the attention to detail that we found in every aspect of their home, from the rooms, to the good quality toiletries, to the way the breakfasts ( which were absolutely delicious ) were presented so beautifully. We appreciated all the time these extra touches took.
The two evening meals we had were delicious and again beautifully cooked and artistically presented. We shall never forget Fabrice's seafood platter which was a work of art !
We salute you both for all you have achieved to create such a charming place to stay. We know the hours of work and effort you put in to be able to give your visitors such a special time and to enjoy a real " experience."
We thank you for both for your your warm welcome, your helpful tips and all your kindness. Already we have friends who now want to come and stay with you, having heard about our holiday ! Thank you for allowing us to share in the finer things of life , by being your guests in Domaine de Mer !
We hope to keep in touch !
Issy and Carlos

Dear Issy and Carlos

As mentioned when you left, it was a genuine pleasure to have you both stay with us. We were delighted to spend time with you sharing our knowledge of the area and exchanging on your experiences. We were thrilled to see your look when you discovered the seafood platter we had prepared for you.

We hope to see you again soon and in the meantime will take good care of the friends you will send us.
Kenavo as we say here,
Stéphane

Been to Domaine de Moulin Mer? Share your experiences!